Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Need help

starek
Explorer C

So I had the worst experience flying back with a family member who is extremely allergic.  They let us preboard but did not give us adequate time to clean our seats, the family member was forced to be exposed to allergens.  As a result the family member started having an allergic reaction.  Even after giving them antihistamine they were gagging from nasal drainage.  How can such a situation be avoided in the future?  This is extremely scary! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Need help

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That does sound like a scary trip.  With the quick turnarounds on most airlines, especially Southwest which prides itself in getting a plane out of the gate as quickly as possible, I imagine it would be hard to have enough time to do a thorough cleaning.  Additionally, based on the brief info provided, it's unclear if cleaning the seat would be enough to prevent an issue considering how many other people are in such closed proximity to each other on the plane.  It is good to hear you were offered early boarding, but sadly, I don't know what more could have been done.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Need help

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're so sorry to hear this, @starek. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to follow the steps below to reach out via official Customer Service channels. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager