Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: New Southwest App incompatible with my device

FLGolfer
Explorer C

Regardless of the operating system version being used we are SWA customers and SWA is making it harder for us to do business with them.  From a customer service perspective that is in conflict with SWA business strategy.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@FLGolfer wrote:

Regardless of the operating system version being used we are SWA customers and SWA is making it harder for us to do business with them.  From a customer service perspective that is in conflict with SWA business strategy.

Southwest's mobile website is available to users of almost all versions of all apps. It's not hard to use that option.- .

shlnbrgr
Explorer C

I have the same Droid Maxx, same Android Version 4.4.4, Build Date 2016 - don't scold me about five-year-old systems.  Still won't work for my phone.  Problem may be that Verizon System software could be enough different from native android.  Still, there are enough Verizon users in the community that it should be valuable to Southwest not to kiss us off.  Thank you?

rottennell
Explorer C

Have Samsung III and SW app is not compatible,what can I do to make this work

maintenok
Explorer C

Does not work with Samsung Mini 3

mojoman555
Explorer C

Samsung S4

Bhanna
Explorer C

Droid MAXX

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hello all, 

I see this thread has received some additional comments recently. After reading through them, it sounds like some of you are using a version of Android 4.x, which unfortunately we have stopped supporting. Just like with anything, we need to keep our system fresh and keep up with the ever changing and updating tech world, so we stop supporting lower operating systems.

moreofless
Adventurer C

As I said before I have no reason to replace a phone which works with EVERY app except yours. As far as I am concerned your attitude is poor customer service. I have to wonder if your CEO is aware and understands this situation. Your attitude does not fit with the Southwest image.

tech_dude88
Explorer C

Time to start flying with a different airline!