Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: New Southwest App incompatible with my device

moreofless
Adventurer C

Thank you for your ARROGANCE! All the other APPS on my phone work fine and my phone works fine. Why should Southwest tell me it is time to upgrade? Southwest is known for customer service but the Southwest people who manage the APP have given us POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I hope you don't work for Southwest.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No need for the attitude, I was just letting you know how to resolve the problem should you desire to do so. Southwest is following guidance from Google regarding what operating system versions to support. And no, I don't work for Southwest.

You could also access the Southwest mobile site instead of using the app, https://mobile.southwest.com

moreofless
Adventurer C

It was you that gave us attitude. We are the customer. All of our other APPS work fine and we have phones which work. Who are you to tell me I should throw a perfectly good phone a way just to do business with one company?  There are other airlines.  Southwest has a reputation for customer service. As I see it that reputation is tarnished. It would cost them next to nothing to fix this problem.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

No one said to throw away your phone, there are plenty of other methods to check in at home and print your boarding pass there, or at the airport.

Maybe its possible to use your phone with web broswer instead of the app for the other features of the app, I'm not familiar with your particular device.

This community is for user-to-user help, although the moderators can chime in at times it's not a direct to Southwest customer support line. You'd have to call them or reach out by mail to talk directly to Southwest about your concerns with the software.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

moreofless
Adventurer C

The solution is for Southwest to fix the APP not for me to jump through hoops to be a Southwest customer. My phone works well and all of my other APPS work well. Southwest just abandoned some of its customers.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Numerous people have tried to explain Southwest isn't going to make changes to the app that will allow it to once again work on older phones. We've also offered alternative such as using the mobile site.  You've been complaining about this since January 2017, I think it's time to accept the current situation and either take your business elsewhere or adopt one of the suggestions. 

Happy travels!

moreofless
Adventurer C

Who do you think you are...ARROGANCE. I hope you don't work for Southwest!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Haha, you're funny.  We've covered this already, no, I don't work for Southwest.  And passing along information isn't quite arrogance, but I've noticed you love using that word so I'll just let it slide.

I think we're done here, let us know if we can help with any other questions unrelated to the Southwest app.

moreofless
Adventurer C

First, If you don't work for Southwest then what is your interest in attacking other users here.  If the APP works for you, that is great. It does not work for me and others. What you offer as a solution is not a solution for many of us. Since you want to impose your solution on others, your attitude fits the definition of arrogance.  

Your interest in imposing a solution on others strongly suggests you work for Southwest. If you do, you are not cut from the customer service mold of Southwest.  As one person suggested on this thread, Southwest should remove the heart from its planes.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Southwest is not going to update their app to work with an older operating system. Eventually, over time, your other apps will also stop working as they're updated to meet new standards. That's how technology works.

If you're not able to update your phone now, then just use the mobile Southwest site. But a "fix" to the app is definitely not coming, and any anger towards other posters here isn't going to help anything.

Since you're obviously passionate about this specific issue, your indignation towards Southwest might be best directed into choosing another carrier, should you find one whose app is compatible with your phone.

(I DO NOT WORK FOR SOUTHWEST)