Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Service to Syracuse

jamma7
Explorer C

Does anyone know why we do not have Southwest Airline service in Syracuse?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: No Service to Syracuse

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

Let them know that you are interested. A lot of the east coast gates came from purchasing AirTran. If AirTran didn't have any gates at Syracuse, then Southwest may not have had the opportunity to move in there yet.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

mlawton425
Explorer C

What do you mean by let know that you are interested? What does that involve?

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@mlawton425,

Posting on these discussion boards is one way to do that. You might see something on the "Stories" boards that you could comment on as well.

Another way would be to send a written letter to customer service.  No promises, but I once wrote in about a schedule change issue between two locations, and it may have gotten noticed because when the next set of schedules was unveiled, the issue was solved.  Whether I was noticed or whether I was just lucky, I was definitely happier.

I hope it works out, but as I said, no promises.  Logistics and flight schedules are definitely a challenge for airlines.

mlawton425
Explorer C

Thanks so much for the tips! We're moving to Knoxville this summer and would LOVE to be able to easily fly my parents from New Orleans to see their grandchildren. There's no better airline to schedule multiple trips on throughout the year than Southwest! I'm going to send them a letter as you suggest 🙂 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@mlawton425,

We look forward to hearing from you!