Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: No enforcement of mask rule

Sweety-D
Explorer A

As I just told you on my other post from the other thread .. 

"I was on a SW flight last night while typing that. I am again on a SW flight RIGHT NOW while typing this. 50% of the cabin is not wearing a mask."

You are simply incorrect, at least for these 2 flights. And, for the other 2 flights I take every week. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Sweety-D wrote:

"I was on a SW flight last night while typing that. I am again on a SW flight RIGHT NOW while typing this. 50% of the cabin is not wearing a mask."

You are simply incorrect, at least for these 2 flights. And, for the other 2 flights I take every week. 

Seriously. All credibility gone.

50% of the plane! Not wearing masks! 

On multiple flights!

🙄

Sweety-D
Explorer A

I'm still on said flight, and while I didn't get a precise count, it's a large percentage. Though, admittedly it's probably not quite 50%. However, last night the flight I was on probably had 20 people on it. That flight was literally less than 50% wearing mask. Look troll, I'm providing facts on what I see. I'm not providing policy or telling people to violate policy. I'm telling people what I see. Move along. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Probably a good time for a reminder that name calling is against forum rules.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Sweety-D wrote:

I bet water and snacks had been served and people DO take off masks to eat an drink -- and it is allowed.

Sweety-D
Explorer A

Yeah, I'm sure food and drinks are certainly a contributing factor. Doesn't bother me in the least. I was only responding to give some insight into what a frequent flyer sees. 

freeman539
Explorer C

flew last night for the first time since covid. one flight attendant had her nose hanging out over her mask for the last half of the flight. of all the people in my eyesight only 5 of us had masks covering our faces of around 20 peoples faces i could see. nothing was enforced. i completly regret flying and feel as if i put myself in a really stupid situation. I was under the impression masks would be enforced. oh and if your snoring I don't think them being maskless had anything to do with eating. just completely disregard for fellow people and lack of enforcement. ill be looking into other options from now on. 

Sweety-D
Explorer A

While I don't share the same concern as you about the lack of masks, I appreciate your insight into what is really happening on flights. For some reason "chgoflyer" (another person here on the forums) decided to troll 2 of my replies to people about the lack of masks and insinuated that I was making up things. Thanks for your info. Good day!

freeman539
Explorer C

averaging a 1000 new deaths each day in the us, we should all be more worried. we trust scientist/ aerospace engineers to build the planes we fly in, but we ignore them in regards to our health in relation to a pandemic. this is embarrassing. 

Sweety-D
Explorer A

That may be true, but it doesn't change my point that people are not wearing masks on flights 🤣🤣.