Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No enforcement of mask rule

bethmcginty12
New Arrival

I flew on Southwest yesterday and there was no enforcement to ensure people were wearing masks.  Many people on the plane took their mask off for the entire flight.  This is putting us all in danger.  The requirement to wear masks needs to be enforced.

39 REPLIES 39

Re: No enforcement of mask rule

dfwskier
Top Contributor
Solution

It does seem that the mask rules are being unevenly applied.

 

Since this is a customer to customer forum, you might be better off complaining directly to SW. Here's how to do so:

 

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-p/8724...

Re: No enforcement of mask rule

GrumpyOldMan
Active Member

Oh terrific - yet another opportunity to spend 20 minutes on hold waiting for someone to say "Sorry, I can't help you with that."

 

Other airlines are physically removing passengers that don't comply with mask requirements.

 

SWA can't even get their employees to wear masks properly.

 

Choose wisely - your health depends on it.

 

Re: No enforcement of mask rule

ffflyer
Active Member

Even if you can’t wear a mask due to medical reasons, why can’t you wear a face shield?

Re: No enforcement of mask rule

ipsedixit
Active Member

@ffflyer wrote:

Even if you can’t wear a mask due to medical reasons, why can’t you wear a face shield?


Maybe you can't afford to buy a face shield?

Re: No enforcement of mask rule

SWFlyer007
Rising Star

Went to Staples the other day. $2 for a face shield.  That is less than the cost of the Starbucks coffee I had earlier.

Re: No enforcement of mask rule

SWFlyer007
Rising Star

SW has employees on this forum, so you don't always have to go directly to customer services.  In fact, I have found those on here to be very knowledgeable and answer many questions accurately and quickly.  But as of late, they have been quiet?

Re: No enforcement of mask rule

dfwskier
Top Contributor

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

SW has employees on this forum, so you don't always have to go directly to customer services.  In fact, I have found those on here to be very knowledgeable and answer many questions accurately and quickly.  But as of late, they have been quiet?


There are a few moderators that show up here occasionally and may answer questions.

 

SW employees are self identified, and I've never seen one try to solve a problem here. They always refer people with problems to customer service/customer relations.

Re: No enforcement of mask rule

ffflyer
Active Member

@dfwskier wrote:
SW employees are self identified, and I've never seen one try to solve a problem here.

Here, or in the air apparently. 

That’s the problem. 

Re: No enforcement of mask rule

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

@ffflyer wrote:

@dfwskier wrote:
SW employees are self identified, and I've never seen one try to solve a problem here.

Here, or in the air apparently. 

That’s the problem. 


@ffflyer 

 

I'm sincerely sorry to anyone here who feels their concerns are not being heard or addressed. The Safety of our Customers is of the utmost importance, and if anyone has concerns during their travel, we urge them to immediately address them with a uniformed Employee. If you do not wish to speak to an Employee during travel, you'll need to reach out to Customer Relations, which is the highest point of escalation for Customer concerns at Southwest Airlines. 

 

It's important to keep in mind that the Southwest Community is first and foremost a peer-to-peer community, not a direct customer support channel.  If you need direct customer support, please reference Southwest.com/contact-us for available options.

 

For more information about The Community, we encourage you to review our Community User Guidelines

 

Thank you,

Nicole
Community Manager