Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No more nonstops from Houston to SNA starting in November?

Heitz
Explorer C

From what I see on the schedule, Southwest is not gonna fly nonstop between HOU and SNA after October.... There was one nonstop flight per day in each direction that was ALWAYS filled and I literally cannot believe they are suspending this service.   Please tell me Southwest management that this is a winter only thing.  This was a key route for my husband and I and this has significantly messed us up.  Please bring back the flights!  I have searched the internet for news of this and have found nothing.  Anybody know anything???

7 REPLIES 7

Re: No more nonstops from Houston to SNA starting in November?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Heitz 

I just did some checking out in the future and it looks like from November to March there weren’t any non stops that I saw but I did see 1 stop no plane change on some months which are usually painless unless they do an aircraft swap.

I’m not sure if HOU-SNA non stops will return in the next schedule release or not but you can always reach out to the Southwest by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of the page and let them know you would like them to bring back non stops from HOU-SNA you could also let Southwest know on Twitter so they can share your feedback with the appropriate team. 

-Blake 

Heitz
Explorer C

Thank you Blake-I had checked all the way to March also but I did as you said and sent them an email.  I truly hope they don't give me some vague company line answer, but fear that that's what I will get.  

jksobonya
Aviator A

This has been my experience from PHL to LAS. The last nonstop flight I had was in October 2018. All this year they have had 1-2 stop flights only, with 2 stops being the 'cheapest' of course. Flights in general have increased in price fairly significantly - I am lucky to get a RT for under $400 for some times of the year and I have seen some RT flights literally double that price for the Wanna Get Away fare alone. Prior to this year, flights in the $300 RT range were normal. Not anymore :catsad: I was very lucky though, for one PHL - LAS trip, to get $129 one way flights with one stop each ($258 RT) for this October - I booked back in April/May of this year. This pricing has not been the norm but due to a sale, the early bird catches the worm!!

--Jessica

Ebfrost
Explorer C

I've been depressed about the cancellation on nonstop flights to  and from SNA to HOU.  This has been my travel staple for the last few years.  SW is now forcing me to fly on United for a nonstop from HOU to SNA.  Can you please bring a nonstop a day back on the schedule so my life will be easier?   I know the Max 8 issue is part of them problem, but please please bring this nonstop back!

Heitz
Explorer C

I did reach out to Southwest and as expected, got a generally vague email about routes constantly being re-evaluated.  The email gave me zero information.  EBFROST-any other ideas of how to press them on the issue??

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Heitz wrote:

I did reach out to Southwest and as expected, got a generally vague email about routes constantly being re-evaluated.  The email gave me zero information.  EBFROST-any other ideas of how to press them on the issue??

IMO, you're not going to get anything better than that.

Your best bet is to make sure SW knows you want SW to fly the route. If enough people do that, maybe it will happen.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@Heitz It is probably some passengers are no longer having their confidence and they might switched to another carriers. If they are not sastified with SW, it is their choice not to fly sw and move on other carriers. This might explains on why there are no more nonstops.