Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: No refund as Covid alarm was first announced across country

Diva23rc
Explorer C

I will definitely be sure to do so from Delta, United, Frontier, or whatever airline I choose. But it most definitely will not be southwest. Thank you so much for that tip! I had not realized there were non refundable in the midst of a national pandemic where everything was shutdown and LA was actually under Marshall law and no one could leave their home. That is noted. I will be sure to read frontiers fine print. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Diva23rc wrote:

I will definitely be sure to do so from Delta, United, Frontier, or whatever airline I choose. But it most definitely will not be southwest. Thank you so much for that tip! I had not realized there were non refundable in the midst of a national pandemic where everything was shutdown and LA was actually under Marshall law and no one could leave their home. That is noted. I will be sure to read frontiers fine print. 

I think you misunderstood what i said. What I said was that all the other airlines I listed would have treated you the same way Southwest did.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

lol Frontier?  They screwed customers even more than every other airline during this time, just like they do everyday when it's not a pandemic

--TheMiddleSeat.

Diva23rc
Explorer C

Well my point is that all of this other airlines did not. Southwest did. And I am not the only one. It’s not like this has been a normal year for travel. It’s not like the need for medical professionals isn’t insanely high or that the dangers of traveling could be deadly to yourself and your loved ones. It’s not like travel was even legal in some places or circumstances. Had this been a normal situation and the entire year not included a pandemic and hundreds of thousands lives lost, then YES by all means I’d say to myself how ridiculous it is to be crying over no refund or extension. But it wasn’t. And I couldn’t travel. And my patients are far more important to me, so at the end of the day the only regret I have is that I used Southwest in the first place. The other airlines didn’t screw their customer, Southwest did. So that’s unfortunate. If I were the owner or employee I definitely would not feel good about representing such a greedy snake that cares less about human lives. But I do understand that people like myself are rare. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Diva23rc wrote:

The other airlines didn’t screw their customer, Southwest did. S

Completely inaccurate statement here, but you don't seem to want to bother listening or checking facts.  Safe travels to you.

--TheMiddleSeat

gsking
Aviator C

@Diva23rc wrote:

I feel that they should have notified every customer by email, phone or letter of that option. I got nothing. No notice whatsoever. It should have been a common courtesy to do so and make sure all of your loyal customers are informed. But nope they didn’t and now are going to blame me for not knowing. 

They did.   I got the email.   You might want to check your junk email settings. 

So blame whomever you want,  but the notifications were on email, and on the app.