Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non Social distancing, but face covering Req?

Henry2020
Explorer C

So I’m confused?  Most mandates and “state laws” require 6ft minimum, especially when in confined areas but flying some how is exempt?  However it’s southwest uncompromising duty to provide safety, except while drinking and actively eating, cause for some reason the virus takes a break when we need a break?  It’s sad how crafty one organization can be to keep from losing money....and the blatant disregard for others well being, by encouraging power trips amongst their employees, particularly flight attendants, in the name of “safety”.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Non Social distancing, but face covering Req?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Henry2020 wrote:

for others well being, by encouraging power trips amongst their employees, particularly flight attendants, in the name of “safety”.

Employees are just trying to enforce company rules.

If you want to see FA's on power trips, perhaps you should fly Delta which has proudly announced  that it has permanently banned several hundred people for not wearing masks when they should be. BTW Delta also allows passengers to remove masks when eating and drinking.

gsking
Aviator C

So,  you're confused about the rules for dealing with Covid??  Join the club.   They are inconsistent and change often... just like most everything else we get from the government, especially when dealing with novel pandemics. 

Don't blame SWA.  If you don't like the situation, don't fly. 

Problem solved. 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

SW is doing the best they can (more than other airlines) since everything regarding Covid is inconsistent and changes by the day.  I flew American last week, and let me tell you... SW is doing circles around them.  American had every seat filled, allowed passengers to swarm at the gate before boarding, planes were filthy (enhanced cleaning, what a joke), and no one actively enforced face coverings. 

When I flew SW the week before, constant announcements at the gate and on the plane regarding face coverings, board in groups of 10, planes feel fresh and maintained, and the middle seat is open. 

Thank you SW for doing your part with our safety. American.., you need to take some pointers from them. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion