Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non-stop from EWR to MCO???

dmdj232
Explorer C

Why has Southwest discontinued Non-Stop Flights from EWR to MCO?  In fact, there are no Non-Stop flights from the tri-state area to MCO.  There are so many families traveling with kids and to have to do a transfer to go to an airport that has so many families traveling to Disney makes it very difficult. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Non-stop from EWR to MCO???

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Changing flight schedules is a common topic here, and I understand your frustration! One of my most frequent business travel routes used to be non-stop, and now it isn't! Unfortunately, there are so many factors that impact an airline's schedule: demand, needs in other cities, staffing, profitability, strategy, etc. 

You might consider other airports in the area to travel from, and you can also provide your feedback directly to SW via their Contact Us page. 

Good luck in that route going direct one day!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Does LGA work for you? There's a non-stop to MCO on Saturdays. You can didn't say when you were looking to travel and I only looked at January so the schedule may be different later in the year.

--TheMiddleSeat 

dmdj232
Explorer C

We are looking to travel in mid August.  Our dates have not been released yet, but I'm going off of what is available now leading up to our dates.  We have our rooms booked already and can not change the check-in or check-out dates without a penalty.  We would need a departure on a Thursday and Return on a Friday

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dmdj232 wrote:

We are looking to travel in mid August.  Our dates have not been released yet, but I'm going off of what is available now leading up to our dates.  We have our rooms booked already and can not change the check-in or check-out dates without a penalty.  We would need a departure on a Thursday and Return on a Friday

August may be a good time for additional EWR-MCO service, so you may be in luck when the schedule is released. 

If not, an ample connection time or a one-stop-no-plane-change may also work for you (not sure if any of those showed up currently). The best comparison would be to last August rather than upcoming January/February timing - Southwest knows when kids are on break for heading to Florida.

Let us know what turns up!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

colleen0810
Explorer C

I'm also trying to book a non-stop flight from EWR to MCO. I've flown that route a few times with SW already, this is frustrating. I really like SW and I would rather fly with them than any other airline. There are so many families going that route, I don't get why they would discontinue it. 

kphipps
Explorer C

I called SW this morning and was advised that as of Nov. 2019, SW will no longer be offering service in or out of EWR airport.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That's correct, they made the announcement in July. Here's some more information if you're interested:

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/07/southwest-airlines-to-cease-flights-from-newark-airport.html

--TheMiddleSeat

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Even though EWR is out, note that there are still non-stop options from to and from MCO on Saturdays at LGA.  I know that is not MCO, but it could be an options.  Fares are nice over the next month as well (as of right now).

Also note that there are affordable direct options several times a day to and from MCO daily at ISP on Long Island.  I get that ISP is a haul from Jersey, but it could be an option.  Similar to LGA, fares over the next month are pretty reasonable (again, as of right now).

I hope that helps!

-A List, Companion Pass holder