Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Not Getting Emails

irene363
Explorer C

I am unable to receive any emails from Southwest whether they send or I go in and try to groats to myself. I have a Comcast acct with no blocks in my address book and no emails in spam. Any ideas?  Didn't get receipts, requests for itineraries, etc. 

59 REPLIES 59

Re: Not Getting Emails

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @irene363,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble receiving our emails. Have you considered setting up a Gmail or Yahoo account? We typically don't have issues delivering to those addresses. 

You can also contact Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654 for some help troubleshooting the issue. 

Explorer C

I stopped getting emails from southwest in March 2017. i contaced aol and they said it was on southwests side, please help. I am not getting my itineraries either.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @95576666,

Please contact our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654 so we can take a look at your account and help resolve the issue. 

jwelch
Explorer C

Dear Moderator,

Your canned response is no longer acceptable, hence you are not doing your job.

This is clearly an issue w/in Southwest that continues to this day.

Have you escalated this issue within Southwest for a resolution?  Or do you simply send people to call a phone number which has a 45 minute wait time in the hopes that they (we) will simply go away?

Additionally, once a ticket has been created with customer communications (after a 45 min wait), emails that southwest team are blocked by cloud protection services because there is no SPF record on file for the IP address from which your customer communications department sends their emails.

If this is an example of southwest competence, why would any of us want to climb into one of your pressurized vehicles knowing full well that it'll be, at some point, greater than six feet off the ground?

-Jerry Welch

IT Manager...(for a company that is far more concerned with customer care)

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@jwelch wrote:

Dear Moderator,

Your canned response is no longer acceptable, hence you are not doing your job.

This is clearly an issue w/in Southwest that continues to this day.

Have you escalated this issue within Southwest for a resolution?  Or do you simply send people to call a phone number which has a 45 minute wait time in the hopes that they (we) will simply go away?

Additionally, once a ticket has been created with customer communications (after a 45 min wait), emails that southwest team are blocked by cloud protection services because there is no SPF record on file for the IP address from which your customer communications department sends their emails.

If this is an example of southwest competence, why would any of us want to climb into one of your pressurized vehicles knowing full well that it'll be, at some point, greater than six feet off the ground?

-Jerry Welch

IT Manager...(for a company that is far more concerned with customer care)

Unfortunately, I think you're all learning -- the hard way -- about Southwest's abysmal commitment to IT services.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@jwelch

SPF for the IT?  Are you suggesting that the Southwest IT Department needs sun protection formula?  They do have flight privileges and might head south, I guess?

i am hoping a little humor will demonstrate that the people on this forum, including the moderator, may not have the Technology skills that you have gained due to your career.  

Anyone with suggestions on how to resolve a general problem can send an email through the contact us link on the southwest.com home page, and they will route it to the proper party.  However, I thought the customer service phone line would be a better option due to the potential iterations of user experience, phone brands, email services, etc.  Resolution may taken a full understanding of the potential factors.   The normal wait time has bumped up recently but part of that is four northeasters in three weeks.  Bad weather tends to clog up the phone lines.

as for getting on their planes, I have not experienced any problems other than normal air travel problems twice a week for several years, so I am still there.  Yeah, sometimes the WiFi is out, but I think it was Louie CK that talked about how people’s expectations have dramatically increased after sitting on a plane next to someone who was complains about no WiFi, and Louie CK thought (paraphrased) “dude, you really sitting in a chair on a device that is 25,000 feet above the ground going 350 miles per hour and you are complaining about the WiFi service?”  I try to remember that comment before starting to whine.

if you have really never tried flying southwest, send me a personal message.  I can vouch for them to help you evaluate whether it might be a time to give them a chance.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Thanks for the calming humorous words @CareforNOLA. People need an occasional friendly reminder that there are bigger problems and that not everyone who happens to work for Southwest can help them. Hopefully people can call customer service and get their issues resolved. 

jwelch
Explorer C

Look people, I am not on here for a lack of better things to do, and I don't think your running to the defense of a company that is technically inept is helping the customer.

If SW has an issue sending emails (containing itinerary and receipt info) than this not a gripe session it's a legitmate complaints.

Is this NOT what this forum is for?

The next post I want to see on this subject (by a SW rep anyway) is something in the way of a resolution.  You think you can handle that?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No one is running to defend Southwest, just trying to point you in the right direction. This forum is for customer to customer interaction. Since getting email from Southwest is not something other Southwest customers can help you with, this community is not really the best place to seek assistance. As was mentioned before, your best hope for assistance is that call Southwest. All we can do here is suggest you do that and also to double check your email address in your profile. Everything else is beyond the scope of this community.