Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Not Getting Emails

ryoustra
Explorer B

Hi - is anyone able to confirm this? I have not received any emails since September 2017, including receipts/confirmations for upcoming travel.

NOT GOOD! 

I have email (IMAP) through a domain registered at godaddy, and they were unable to see anything from Southwest hitting their servers, after Southwest repeatedly tried sending my confirmation email to me. Emails could be sent to another address at the same domain, so it does not appear to be a godaddy issue but more likely something with Southwest.

And yes, I've checked spam/junk/bulk/deleted mail as well as any filters/rules on my account.

The block you describe seems to be a likely culprit...

romaine916
Explorer C

I am not receiving emails at my yahoo or my gmail account either for my confirmation, itinerary or for other people's itineraries.  I also am not receiving rapid rewards or Ding emails. This started at the end of February 2017. 

lizsullivan1
Explorer C

I am having the same problem and would like help with fixing this.  I also have a comcast email account and have checked that Southwest is not blocked.  There are no emails in my spam folder.  I do not want to start a yahoo or gmail email.  I was able to get the email from Southwest to join this forum.

pjpjpj
Explorer C

I can confirm that one of my customers suddenly stopped receiving emails from SouthWest. We use Barracuda's SPAM filtering service, which is widely accepted and known amongst IT folk. 

From what we can see, the emails never arrive at all, suggesting the issue is squarely on the sender's side ( SouthWest ). 

This will never be fixed until their IT staff looks into it thoroughly. Good luck all!

PJ

clintm
Explorer B

I have the same problem and have not received itinerary emails from Southwest (neither the automatic ones, nor ones I request when reviewing my existing reservation) for months.

I did a test this morning, where I sent emails to two different emails at the same domain, and one each to two other domains.  All but one of these are hosted by the same vendor (inmotionhosting).

EVERY email came through just fine, except for the one account that doesn't work - this includes a total of three domains at two different web hosts, so it's clearly an email-account specific issue.

My host could find no evidence of the missing email arriving at their server, so the issue is clearly at the sender (Southwest).

WHEN IS SOUTHWEST TECH SUPPORT GOING TO GET INVOLVED AND RESOLVE THIS ISSUE?

rickmaass
Explorer C

I stopped recieving my southwest booking emails on Feb. 22, 2018. I am a frequent flyer and fly as many as 10 to 12 legs some weeks. I fly southwest primarily because i can change flights for free. With this many legs and as many changes in flights i make it is challenging to keep them all straight. without these emails it is impossible. I have a microsoft 365 exchange email though my company and have worked with them to try to find out what is wrong. here is the results. 

Hello Rick,

This is Sushant from Office 365 Team.

As per the checks performed emails are not being received at office 365 server level.
Domain is also not blocked on your end and last emails received were in Feb.

Further I found that this is not a problem that you alone are having, complains even on ‎03-26-2018 11:19 AM.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/General-Travel-Policies/Not-Getting-Emails/td-p/52392 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet-Archive/I-am-not-receiving-emails-from-Southwest-Airlines-They... 

Do let me know the outcome.

Best Regards,

Sushant A.
Office 365 Support

This issue in on the southwest end of things and i need it fixed asap!!!!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@rickmaass wrote:

I stopped recieving my southwest booking emails on Feb. 22, 2018. I am a frequent flyer and fly as many as 10 to 12 legs some weeks. I fly southwest primarily because i can change flights for free. With this many legs and as many changes in flights i make it is challenging to keep them all straight. without these emails it is impossible. I have a microsoft 365 exchange email though my company and have worked with them to try to find out what is wrong. here is the results.... 

There should be some activity today if your issue was linked to the same security list as the others. You'd still have to request the old emails in some form though, the fix won't retroactively send the missing messages.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LarryL
Explorer C

Not getting emails for about 3 months now.  I cannot believe a company the size of Southwest has an IT Department that can't fix this issue.  This is stupid.  I mean, really?  Just fix it.  It's on your end.  If your current IT Department can't fix the issue, get a new one or get some outside help.

HokeReed
Explorer C

Same.  Started March 16, 2018.  No emails.  Southwest "executive customer relations" is basically worthless on this.  Say they will contact IT, but they wont tell you why/how it happened.  They, Executive Customer Relations, simply tell you they are as high as you can go and they will forward your concern on to management.

SouthwestFlyer
Explorer C

This issue (not receiving emails from luv.southwest.com) started several months ago. 

After multiple attempts of my parents speaking with southwest customer service, I have been pulled in to offer assistance (network engineer).  I have now been trying to get this resolved for several weeks.  I've been on calls with four agents at 1-855-234-4654.  They have all tried their hardest to help resolve the issue, are tremendously polite and courteous, and call back when they say they will. 

Unfortunately, I am not confident they will be able to solve the problem,  There seems to be the general consensus of leaning towards:

1) It is on your ISP's end

2) Perhaps you should get a new email address

I have also been on several calls with technical members of my parents ISP-  The emails in question never get there.  We have run multiple tests- I can get emails, but my parents do not.  It is the same to both parents (separate email accounts) on the same domain. 

This is a technical issue that really needs to be addressed with priority by the Southwest IT team.  Southwest IT needs to run some email tests, read through some logs, and coordinate with their ISP before pointing the finger at the receiving ISP and customer.... who can't do any debugging, as there is nothing for them to debug.... there are no logs of emails ever getting there.  

Please assist to get this resolved.  There is no reason my parents should have to write down a confirmation number so they can call me, so I can look up their reservation, then have luv.southwest.com email it to me, so I can forward it to them.