Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Not Getting Emails

nhjonesy
Explorer C

Great, nice to hear it is working for you.  This morning the email server in question is no longer blacklisted so hopefully the issue is resolved. I have our client re-checking and will report back with the result.

nhjonesy
Explorer C

Our client is now receiving the emails as well.

Now I'm wondering to who at Southwest I should direct my invoice to for resolving this problem...

The situation as it turned out was apparently a result of the email server being on a couple of blacklists.

Southwest uses a service from Oracle called Responsys, which was it's own company until being acquired by Oracle in 2013 I think it was. The server in question is apparently owned by Oracle and likely sends out emails on behalf of many other clients. At some point, either automatically or perhaps following a sufficient number of abuse complaints for sending SPAM, the server was blacklisted...

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

At least a little LUV or some luggage tags @nhjonesy

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

us4gardners
Explorer C

Hello we are currently experiencing this issue. It is terrible! We have contacted southwest via telephone and our internet/email provider. We have went through all technical support prompts in checking spam, filtering, security, blocking, you name it. We are still back at ground zero. We have been an active top tier customer in rapid rewards with Southwest since 2012 and have received all confirmations and cancellations without any problem up until Jan 1 of 2021.  We have our own company and book multipole flights on a weekly basis and desperately need this issue resolved and fixed. In the last many months we have spent numerous times on the line and have wasted much much time and got nowhere. Please let me know solutions or any help you can provide. Ty

dfwskier
Aviator A

I suspect you are being blocked (blacklisted) - for whatever reason.

You could try an e-mail address with a different domain name.

What is your domain name?.

Explorer C

I dont get my itinerary emails from Southwest either. Also. I add family members and they dont get the emails with my itinerary. Glad I saw this message board otherwise I would think I was alone with this problem. SOUTHWEST THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM - FIX IT.

Lholderness
Explorer C

Four years later, I still have this problem. I just get ho-hum when I call about it. But it's dangerous -- not only do I not get my itineraries, but I don't get notices of flight changes.

fredtufts
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey, could you please help me with my email problem? I also not getting email confirmations for my last two purchases.  I have for over a decade been getting email confirmations with no problem.  My email has not changed, I checked spam and block sender folders, and the emails are not there.  This issue occurred with my last two purchases: last night and also occured a few months ago on another flight.  This afternoon, customer service tried re-sending the confirmation and the receipt several times, but they did not come.  I was able to access my RR portal and retrieve the reservaton and clicked on button to email the intinerary again and that worked - I got the email.  I tried clicking on the button to resend receipt and that did not work.  So... I am able to recieve emails from Southwest, just not the original email when I make the purchase.

I called customer service and they opened up a ticket to investigate the issue.  But the rep was very confused and I am not sure she is able to give the relevant information to your tech team.  It seems from this blog that there are many issues here.  

Please call me and let me know how to fix this.

Thank you,

Fred

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@fredtufts  you should remove or edit your post immediately as it contains personal information about your reservation. Do not post confirmation numbers and other personal details.

As you are getting resends of confirmations and other emails I suspect it's not a Southwest issue, but I don't believe anyone on this forum can assist you any more. 

--TheMiddleSeat

frdynhgbrhod_it
Explorer C

Chiming in here to add my log to the sanity-check bonfire. 

This is an issue for one of our clients as well.

Not the whole domain, but just particular email addresses are failing to deliver. 

We also confirmed that our Barracuda spam filter did not see the emails arrive at all. 

I contacted Customer Relations as directed, and was told I could expect some sort of response within 35 days. 

Not the best response, but not the worst since a workaround is available. I'll chime back in if / when I get a resolution. 

Cheers, 

PJ