Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Not Getting Emails

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jrobbin wrote:

Very frustrated!  I booked 2 flights today and have received no emails.  Resent to 3 email addresses and still nothing and it has been hours.  customer service was NO HELP.  She kept saying to resend.  I did already several times.  I need help.  I need these emails for expenses as I travel for my job.

Sorry to hear of your trouble.

Which 3 e-mail addresses did you send to?  I ask because Southwest does not publish e-mail addresses due to the fact that the airline would be covered with spam.

To send an e-mail to the airline click on contact us at the bottom of this page, and then pick e-mail from the contact choices listed on the top left of the ensuing page. THAT is the only way to send the airline an e-mail

Flyer23
Explorer C

Been having same problem with emails, customer service can’t help.  Got a response back in February that they were escalating my case but nothing happened.  I have to call an agent to book a flight because my password doesn’t work and I can’t reset it because my emails are blocked by SW.  changed from yahoo mail to gmail and it’s still blocked.  I know the IT there is outdated but they can still do better than this.  

bec102896
Aviator A

@jrobbin wrote:

Very frustrated!  I booked 2 flights today and have received no emails.  Resent to 3 email addresses and still nothing and it has been hours.  customer service was NO HELP.  She kept saying to resend.  I did already several times.  I need help.  I need these emails for expenses as I travel for my job.

Did you attach your rapid rewards number to the reservation? if so you can always log in to the account to see the reservation in the meantime and take a screen shot for records until you can get the email.

also be sure to check the spam/junk folder in case it were to get misfiltered. since this would be considered a transaction email you should get it regardless of your email preferences. I also know sometimes the emails are delayed so maybe check again in the morning if you haven't received it yet.

Hope this helps!

Blake

MikeLasley
Explorer C

So it has happened to me. It started in December of 2020. All emails from SW airlines stopped going to my gmail address.  When I go into my rapid rewards and change the email to my work email (private server) I get them just fine. cool. But then I said let me try my OTHER GAIL address just to see if it is a GMAIL issue, SW issue or my actual account issue. Well the other GMAIL address WORKED fine! So through this I have eliminated that it is NOT a GMAIL issue. I do not have southwest blocked at all so I know it has something to do with SW sending an email to that gmail address. Very frustrating, but I have a work-around. Just change the email address. 

As another measure, I tried changing it back later to see if it would fix it and Nope, still no emails from SW to that email address :(. All others are working fine.  

MikeLasley
Explorer C

Furthermore, the emails from this SW  community go to my inbox of my primary with no issues. So I have no clue why I get these and not the necessary SW emails. Baffled. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Interesting that emails will go to one gmail account, but not another.  Instead of directing email to a new account you could try sending mail to the non-functioning account with a bit of a trick.  Let's say the non working account is bob@gmail.com.  Change the email Southwest sends to to bob+southwest@gmail.com  

You could use anything after the + sign that you want.  It will still go to the inbox at bob@gmail.com,  but Southwest will think it's a different address. 

Something to try

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Interesting that emails will go to one gmail account, but not another.  Instead of directing email to a new account you could try sending mail to the non-functioning account with a bit of a trick.  Let's say the non working account is bob@gmail.com.  Change the email Southwest sends to to bob+southwest@gmail.com  

You could use anything after the + sign that you want.  It will still go to the inbox at bob@gmail.com,  but Southwest will think it's a different address. 

Something to try

--TheMiddleSeat

Didn't know that.  Good suggestion.

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

same