Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: On Hold endlessly

chgoflyer
Aviator A

By "final payment" I assume you're trying to get through to Group Travel. Unfortunately, yours is a common complaint. Hopefully you were eventually successful in getting through.

For anyone else reading, be aware that hold times can be very, very long for the Group Travel department. As has been discussed before, unfortunately, dealing with that is part of the trade-off involved in using Group Travel. 

Hold times are always especially long right after a new schedule extension is released, and are often long on Mondays.

If you are utilizing Group Travel through Southwest, it's best to not wait till the last minute to make your final payment.

bec102896
Aviator A

@McGowan

Sorry for the trouble you have had getting through tonight. There is a weather waiver in effect which might have something to do with the long hold times. Also I assume your calling the groups department and with the new schedule just released the hold times are longer. 

Are you making final payment by Credit card? If so you can do that online using the site provided in the group travel contract email .

Also just another note the deadline on payment dates are usually 5pm so hopefully you are able to get through before they potentially cancel the group booking. 

Good luck

Blake 

shansson
Explorer C

Hello

i have called, chatted, multiple times, total of 2.5 hours now.  Still on hold, I am A- List as well.  Help!

bec102896
Aviator A

@shansson wrote:

Hello

i have called, chatted, multiple times, total of 2.5 hours now.  Still on hold, I am A- List as well.  Help!

Did you call the A List phone number? Maybe that will help. As you know there is a high call volume so if your travel is not in the next 3 days I would wait to call. 

You could also reach out to Southwest on Twitter or Facebook and they could try to help. 

-Blake

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@shansson If you are not scheduled to fly in the next day or two it would be better to wait and call back later, closer to your travel date. Some changes can be made via the chat function in the app or via Twitter (@Southwestair), it just depends what you need to have done. Also, most things can be done on southwest.com.

--TheMiddleSeat

shansson
Explorer C

I have a ticket sitting in the system that needs to be paid for by midnight tonight, it is a companion pass for my wife.  I cannot do it online nor on the chat system.  I tried both.  I have a reservation number, jsut need to pay the small fee and Im good!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@shansson Again, if it's not for travel in the next day or two I would deal with it later. You're not going to have a hard time adding a companion later on, no reason to wait on hold now. 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

@shansson wrote:

I have a ticket sitting in the system that needs to be paid for by midnight tonight, it is a companion pass for my wife.  I cannot do it online nor on the chat system.  I tried both.  I have a reservation number, jsut need to pay the small fee and Im good!

In that case i would reach out on twitter to see if they can offer an extension on the time to book or I would call the A List line.