Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

On Hold endlessly

Tnflyer
Explorer C

For three attempts I have been on hold for a customer service rep. 72 minutes last night   . 88 minutes tonight.  I know I am not a Big player but I am A list and cannot get anyone to answer.

I was supposed to receive a call today from a Supvr.  No call.

Any ideas on a number for faster support with an issue?

I started the call calm and a team player but 88 minutes later ..not.

27 REPLIES 27

Re: On Hold endlessly

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@Tnflyer

I'm sorry about the long hold time - typically our wait times are not that long, unless it's around the holidays or a heavy travel time, such as spring break. 

Were you attempting to reach Customer Support and Services (1-800-I-FLY-SWA) or Customer Relations (1-855-234-4654)?

Tnflyer
Explorer C

Lindsey ,

It was Customer relations.  I could not wait any longer after 2 hours but someone called me back today.

LindseyD

Glad to hear that someone gave you a call back! Hopefully those hold times are more under control today. 

marke14158
Explorer C

This is the worst telephone customer service!  I love to fly SW but this is horrible.  On hold 1 1/2 hours without getting a human on Sunday and now 35 minutes, so far, on Monday, w/o human contact.  And all I'm trying to do is cancel a flight due to a death in the family -- and the online cancellation will not work.  So I am waiting hours for the opportunity to cancel a flight.  Terrible!

LindseyD

@Tnflyer,

I'm sorry to hear about the hold time you've been experiencing. I'd encourage you to take advantage of the call back service we offer. You won't lose you place in line, but you can go about doing other things instead of waiting on hold. You can also reach out to us on Twitter (@Southwestair) or by sending us a Facebook message. Lastly, have you tried canceling your flight on Southwest.com? You can do that by clicking on "Flights" in the top right corner of the home screen, and then selecting "Manage Reservation." Follow the on screen prompts to cancel your flight. Nobody likes waiting on hold, and I hope one of these options will work a little better and faster for you. 

cindiel
Explorer C

Absolutely outrageous!!!! I purchase early bird check in, went to check in on line on the last leg of my trip, and site says my itinerary is ineligeble for early check in!!! Called the "customer service" number, and as I write this, I have been on hold for over 50 minutes!!!!! If they ever answer, it will be too late to check in early and get a decent group number. I am so mad at this airline, I think I'm now done with Southwest!!!! What reason could there possibly be for being on hold for an hour or more???? 

LindseyD

Hi @cindiel,

EarlyBird Check In automatically checks you in and assigns your boarding pass 36 hours before your flight. There is no action required on your part. You still have to wait until 24 hours before the flight to log in and retrieve your boarding pass. 

I hope that clears things up a big - it's never our intention for your travel experience to be frustrating. 

kcasebolt
Explorer C

Today I used the feature to have someone call me back - instead of waiting on hold.  When I got the call back, and finally spoke to a person, she looked up my information and told me her computer was slow.  Then she said she needed to put me on hold as her computer was working.  She never came back, and I was back on the never ending hold - only this time without the option to have someone call me back.  This was extremely frustrating.  Please call me back -  thank you!! 

Karina Casebolt

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If you are a twitter user there are a few actions they can take by communicating through direct message.

Never post your confirmation number in a tweet, only via direct message to @SouthwestAir

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.