Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ongoing Issues

redsimpno1
Explorer B

Guess I'm at my last straw with SWA and have several questions/issues? Why are the FA's and GA's even bothering with reminding the passengers to follow Covid social distancing protocols when they are now packing the planes again at 100% capacity? I get it that SW is trying to make a buck but don't insult our intelligence with these reminders or attempts to space only 10 passengers per loading cycle. If passengers are required to wear face masks then go back to your normal seating protocols.

It also appears there are many, many more passengers taking advantage of your very loose Preboarding guidelines with no apparent need other than get a choice seat or save seats for their group(s). I counted 16 people that were pre-boarders with no visible signs of needing assistance. These people are mostly gaming the system and this practice needs to stop! SWA needs to tighten this policy up or start losing frequent business flyers. I was a paid BC passenger with a A10 and was the 40th person on board. I'm also counting the 4 wheelchair passengers with their families who also boarded ahead of me which I understand.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Ongoing Issues

dfwskier
Aviator A

@redsimpno1 wrote:

It also appears there are many, many more passengers taking advantage of your very loose Preboarding guidelines with no apparent need other than get a choice seat or save seats for their group(s). I counted 16 people that were pre-boarders with no visible signs of needing assistance. These people are mostly gaming the system and this practice needs to stop! SWA needs to tighten this policy up or start losing frequent business flyers. 

It seems you are unaware of Federal Law that requires all airlines to believe WITHOUT QUESTION any passenger that says he/she needs to pre board. Thus there is no legal method of "tightening up" the pre boarding policy

If you don't like that, contact your congressperson/senator and tell them to change the law.

redsimpno1
Explorer B

What a crock answer 

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

Top Contributor, did you ever consider working for the State Department?

I am a Sailor

redsimpno1
Explorer B

😂 😆😆    🤣

dfwskier
Aviator A

@redsimpno1 wrote:

What a crock answer 

If you dislike the facts, then do something about it:

Complain to your senator of congressperson.

Southwest ain't going to break the law just to make you happy.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@redsimpno1 wrote:

What a crock answer 

It's sad when people respond harshly to answers and facts they don't like. And, as stated many times before in this Community, there is no way to visual determine if someone is eligible for preboarding so please leave your judgements at home.

--TheMiddleSeat

redsimpno1
Explorer B

It’s my opinion and probably fact most of these so called Preboarders are gaming the system. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone-- I also see this thread has gotten a little heated, so per our Community User Guidelines,  I am dropping in a friendly reminder that we ask that everyone here follow the Golden Rule and treat other Community Members the way you would like to be treated. Keep your tone positive and your comments constructive. 

Additionally, the Community is primarily a Customer to Customer support forum. If you have any questions or concerns pertaining to a travel experience of yours on Southwest Airlines, you will need to Contact Customer Relations.

Thank you,

Nicole
Community Manager

redsimpno1
Explorer B

Yes indeed, I agree let’s all get along.... even with the Preboarders. The reason I purchase Business Class is to have priority seating. I’m seeing the BC priority seating option being diminished with these policies. I fly American and Delta also and never see the amount of Preboarders that is consistent on the SWA flights I fly on. Is there a disclaimer before anyone purchases BC tickets stating FAA Preboarder rules and that they have “Priority” over those opting to pay BC rates? The BC priority hype is misleading when you have certain people taking advantage of rules for those that truly need assistance. Fairness is a two way street....