Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: PLEASE NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT

ngo_bias
Explorer C

I will not mask up nor get the vaccine in order to fly. Stanford University just released a report on masks detailing that they are completely worthless and actually cause increased health risks. Dr. Fakey has no science based study to discredit Stanford's report so he will just continue to tout his elitist agenda on fake news. Same with vaccine, if others want to get it fine for them but don't force it on everyone.

Stop being SHEEP people!

People have already opted for RV's and car rentals instead of flying because of all the airport travel restrictions put in place by Biden regime and voluntarily by the airlines. People will soon be buying or chartering their own boats and small aircraft just to avoid all the BS.

Jeffsutt76
Explorer A

Well.. just looked it up again.

The truth is that ONE percent of those that had Covid in the US have died from it,

when you remove all the hospital over reporting for financial reasons, it’s less than that. Far less.

Way past time to stop with the senseless panic promoting.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

Masks all the time?   No way.   Never get the flu shot, never get the flu.   Now because some people have weak immune systems, I have to wear a mask on a plane, en perpetuity?   No thanks. 

Perhaps the reason for all the weak immune systems are people being too averse to germs.

I grew up on a farm so I have been exposed to all kinds of things and unfortunately that doesn't result in a strong immune system. I wish I was like that, but having gotten the flu one or two times per year even after getting vaccine for it I realize there are many people that just aren't as hearty. 

This year - no flu. There's no doubt in my mind and from my experience that the distancing and masking works, it's cut the flu totally out this year. 

I may wear a mask from now on riding public transportation like the el.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@

Not much need on the L at the moment. I took the orange line to MDW yesterday  at noon.

6 people were on the train. I was the only one that continued into the airport.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I've never found the Orange Line particularly busy. The Red Line however...

dfwskier
Aviator A

Red line from Loyola to Roosevelt wasn't much busier.

No train has been full since probably the first week of March 2020. I remember doing the red line to the orange line on March 17, 2020 and both were shockingly empty. Got to MDW and found it shuttered because a controller caught the bug and the tower and airport  had shut down. So back to Loyola I went.

gsking
Aviator C

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@gsking wrote:

Masks all the time?   No way.   Never get the flu shot, never get the flu.   Now because some people have weak immune systems, I have to wear a mask on a plane, en perpetuity?   No thanks. 

Perhaps the reason for all the weak immune systems are people being too averse to germs.

I grew up on a farm so I have been exposed to all kinds of things and unfortunately that doesn't result in a strong immune system. I wish I was like that, but having gotten the flu one or two times per year even after getting vaccine for it I realize there are many people that just aren't as hearty. 

This year - no flu. There's no doubt in my mind and from my experience that the distancing and masking works, it's cut the flu totally out this year. 

I hear you.   That makes sense,  but it does seem a bit excessive for many of us,  especially considering that airlines seem to not spread Covid.   Is this due only to masks, or the high flow environment making it "safer" than the El with a mask?  

And do we all need to wear a mask?   What if the plane is empty?   Who am I protecting, or being protected from? 

The difference here was masks were intended to protect others from asymptomatic wearers.   If I don't have the flu,  why would I wear a mask to protect others?   Or are you assuming that (for the flu), the mask protects the wearer?  Then feel free to wear one.   

Perhaps the back of the plane will be the new "maskless" section,  like the smoking section used to be.   I'll happily go back there.   Then only the front of the plane would have people getting nagged for taking their mask off too long to drink.    

jksobonya
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

Perhaps the back of the plane will be the new "maskless" section,  like the smoking section used to be.   I'll happily go back there.   Then only the front of the plane would have people getting nagged for taking their mask off too long to drink.    

Ha! Can you even imagine if something like this were to happen. The vaccine passports scare me enough, though. Any time you start going down a path of segregation, no matter the reason(s), you should be concerned.

I'm a member of a cruise forum - I went on a cruise last year just before you-know-what hit the fan - and I debated going on the same cruise again this year which is currently set to sail in November (pushed back from January). Norwegian just made the decision that all crew and passengers must be vaccinated in order to sail, and people are proudly posting that they are vaccinated or will be soon and "can't wait" to cruise with "other vaccinated people." 

... these reactions are just plain scary to me. People are already getting the idea that vaccinated people are somehow "safer" to be around than non-vaccinated people, and to me that's wrong. Two years ago we wouldn't have given two **** about who was vaccinated with what. And the irony about cruising is that it's inevitable that some people get sick on the boat no matter what, with general sea sickness or some call it "boat crud" 😁  And honestly, to me that is worse than what COVID-19 will do to you, but there's no vaccine or mass hysteria over that ... there is dramamine, though 😉

--Jessica

vat426
Explorer C

Vaccine - free, yes; safe, not sure about that. This vaccine is not supposed to be completed until at least 2023. Approved for emergency use is not the same. if I don't have covid, why would others care? If I do, others wouldn't see me around. Vaxxing for others to feel good isn't the reason I do it. If I don't feel good doing it, why do it?

Jeffsutt76
Explorer A

If you would be happy to wear a mask forever, please do so.

But trying to mandate silly and utter useless things like that on the other 99 percent of us isn’t going to happen.