TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@FlightSurgeon Thanks for the laugh!

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: PLEASE NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT

gsking
Aviator C

Ugh... this is tiresome.

As someone who has flown over 50,000 miles with a mask,  and got Covid from someone at home... without symptoms...I can factually and definitively say:

Some (if not most) Covid transmission is asymptomatic.   My only symptom for a week was loss of smell.  One day of fever.   And NO ONE in the family ever had a cough. 

Wear your mask.   Get out there and fly.   This plane to 🇵🇷 is almost full. 

Buen dia!

Aebhl97
Explorer B

Check out this physician written article with endnotes regarding asymptomatic spread.   I read similar information a few weeks ago from another source (can’t remember where).

https://www.hartgroup.org/asymptomatic-spread/

dfwskier
Aviator A

@FlightSurgeon wrote:

As a physician trained in public health,  Flight surgery,  and chemical biological weapons,  I can tell you there is no significant disease threat (death, mortality rate) from SARS-CoV-2. Less than 1%.   

That is unless you are elderly or have a significant medical issue.

There is NO medical indication to quarantine, separate, or mask healthy asymptomatic people.   

But what if those asymptomatic people pass it on to the elderly or  those with a significant medical condition? Then what??

BTW, any person on an anonymous message board can CLAIM to be a physician trained in public health -- ANY ONE -- whether they are or not.

I can claim that I'll be the next king of England - even if that might not be the truth.

Aebhl97
Explorer B

Thank you, FlightSurgeon!  Saving this well-informed information you provided.  I have a feeling I will be needing it very soon, unfortunately.

RePLEASE NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Sorry, I going to state that I'm one of the many who actually want this to happen....

Btea
Explorer B

That is fine that you don't want to get the vaccine, but come fall, if the face mask requirement is lift, I won't continue wearing one on your behalf. 

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

When the mask mandate is lifted, I'm still going to be wearing a mask. I believe that this pandemic has taught us the wisdom in that. It isn't just COVID out there. There's the cold, countless types of the flu, MERS, SARS, and who knows what else. Small inconvenience for a safer and healthier life. I wish that they would keep the mask mandate forever. It isn't that big of a deal to wear a mask.

Consultant
Explorer A

I would never tell you or anyone else what to wear or not wear.  85% of new covid patients are mask wearers.  Why is it easier to listen to a self conflicted bureaucrat on TV than to simply read the warnings from the mask manufacturers on the side of the box?  

Further, the tears from your eyes drain directly into the back of the nasal cavity.  Anyone who takes eye drops should know this.  They've tasted the medication.  Why don't the doctors tell you that your wet eyeballs make a great virus delivery system?  Why are doctors the only ones wearing face shields?  To be fair, I have seen elderly women wearing masks and face shields on flights.  Good for them.  That is their choice. 

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/covid-19/can-i-get-covid-19-through-my-eyes-or-ears/article_a263b72...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."  -- C.S. Lewis

Americans and especially businesses should know better. 

Sekhmet121
Explorer B

Okay. That's your right. I will continue to wear mine and distance myself from people as much as possible. Being an introvert has its benefits.