Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

PLEASE NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT

pvsmith77777
Explorer A

Very soon several major airlines likely will start requiring "vaccination IDs" in order to fly their airlines. About half of the people in this country have not gotten a COVID vaccination and have no intention of getting one. This is a virus that is only slightly worse than the seasonal flu. I am asking Southwest Airlines to be the the ONE airline that will stand for freedom to permit us to fly in this country without having to have one of those IDs. If you have persons who are sitting within six inches of another passenger (still with a mask) then please tell me why it would be necessary to have a vaccination also. Please don't cater the the minority of persons in our country who are terrified of COVID--please welcome us who don't have that fear. We would still like to fly. 

133 REPLIES 133

Re: PLEASE NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Pure speculation on your part thinking IDs will be required.  And if you're still comparing Covid to the flu it's clear where you are getting your information.

--TheMiddleSeat

PLEASE NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I know it's just a chance of who has it or not, but just for now, I'm with you.  But at some point in the VERY NEAR future, I won't be on your side.  I can't wait for that day when you have to provide this information.  And yes, more than 3/4 of those that I fly aren't vaccinated, so it would be an issue for me as well, but I can suck that up, and just fly with them later.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

My guess is that the airline will require it when the federal government makes it a requirement.

imnairline will do so on its own, and run the risk of driving customers away.

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

I don’t expect to see any mandatory vaccination requirements until we have a fully approved vaccine. 

All we have now are vaccines approved for emergency use. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Airlines aren't going to require vaccine passports.

Vaccine passports are going to exist and become tools that make travel to specific destinations easier, for those who choose to use them.

I really have to laugh at the "no one can make me get vaccinated!" people.

First of all, no one is making you get vaccinated. It's not mandatory. All this anger over something that doesn't even exist, and likely never will in the US.

Second, I've actually had to get multiple vaccinations in my life -- to enter school, to play sports, for the military, specific overseas travel visas. All were required. And no one went cray cray and screamed about OUR RIGHTS, we just got our vaccines and went about our lives. Oh, and in the process, eradicated measles. (And many other diseases. But sadly, only temporarily, due to people now refusing to get their kids vaccinated.)

The vaccines we have now for covid are astonishingly effective, provide more immunity than even having had covid does, are turning out to be very safe in the general population, are free, and are becoming more and more easy to get.

Get vaccinated.

Jeffsutt76
Explorer A

Any airline that requires a vaccine for anything to fly will fail, as it should.

Silly nonsense to single out one health risk with a US fatality rate of less than one percent.

How about the guy flying with TB or hepatitis? 

lynseybennett
Explorer C

Vaccine passports are not legal! This is not Nazi Germany!

If the airlines do this, they will lose millions of dollars as about half of our country is not going to take the jab.

They are handling the covid safety protocols very well. We are not hearing of people getting covid on planes.

Many Americans are like sheep.. not doing their diligence.

So many horrid reactions to the jab! I know myself personally, the latest,  80 yr old man is now blind!

This is all about big pharma, big government! Bill Gates population control.. mad man!

Wake up America!!

Aebhl97
Explorer B

After today’s announcement by Biden, we are being told by the CDC NOT to travel internationally without the vaccine.  I agree that the vaccine should be FDA approved before being required to take it!

gsking
Aviator C

@Aebhl97 wrote:

After today’s announcement by Biden, we are being told by the CDC NOT to travel internationally without the vaccine.  I agree that the vaccine should be FDA approved before being required to take it!

The same CDC that says we're only allowed to go outside without a mask if we're vaccinated??

Yeah,  I stopped listening to those idiots about a year ago.