Southwest Airlines Community

Re: PLEASE NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT

SouthwestFlyer1
Explorer C

Agreed, thanks 

BoSu
Explorer B

It is clear that refusing to have a vaccination for COVID (in contrast to all of the other vaccinations you are required to have) is an antisocial action, and adds to the risk of everyone. Your action provides another possibility for the spread and mutation of this disease, increasing its threat to all of us.   For that reason I will be looking for airlines that have a policy that only allows vaccinated passenger. If the airline suffers passenger loss, I will be willing to pay a higher fare to cover that loss.  I do not want you next to me on my next flight. Stay home where you belong. 

Gstevenson
Explorer A

Please read Flight Surgeon’s post. You’re irrational. If you’re so frightened, don’t fly. 

BoSu
Explorer B

A "flight surgeon" does not have any particular expertise, unless I needed my appendix removed while on an airplane. But tell me his uninformed opinion, anyway

gsking
Aviator C

@BoSu wrote:

It is clear that refusing to have a vaccination for COVID (in contrast to all of the other vaccinations you are required to have) is an antisocial action, and adds to the risk of everyone. Your action provides another possibility for the spread and mutation of this disease, increasing its threat to all of us.   For that reason I will be looking for airlines that have a policy that only allows vaccinated passenger. If the airline suffers passenger loss, I will be willing to pay a higher fare to cover that loss.  I do not want you next to me on my next flight. Stay home where you belong. 

If you're worried that your vaccinated self will HAPPEN to sit next to someone who HAPPENS to have the virus, and it HAPPENS to be a mutation,  and it HAPPENS to be not affected by your vaccination,  and you HAPPEN to get it. and it HAPPENS to cause you serious illness...I think YOU'RE the one who needs to stay home.   Your understanding of statistics tells me you should be too afraid to fly.   After all,  your odds of dying in a plane crash are much higher than the above stated risk. 

And by your logic,  the guy next to you who's vaccinated might have just caught that mutation anyways, right?   So you're gonna die anyways. 

Keep your illogical hypochondria to yourself,  please.   The rest of us have lives to live.

Jeffsutt76
Explorer A

Those that drink the Covid hysteria kool-aid should be the ones to stay at home.

Make sure you have three masks on before you hide under the bed.

Redneck1
Explorer B

Stay home where you belong with your extreme paranoia and desire to infringe upon the rights of other Americans!

FreeBird1
Explorer C

You probably don’t know that, as of today, 56% of US population is injected. A lot of nurses got fired because they refused to be injected. Ask “why”? 

shuebschma01
Explorer A

I have not heard that!  But, I think it is an amazing idea....more people would be motivated to get vaccinated if it was a requirement to fly.  Wahoo!  I can't wait!

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I'm with those that support the vaccine requirement...I've said it several times on here and will keep doing so.  Can't wait until Hawaii does it so I can book.