Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: PLEASE NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT

gsking
Aviator C

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

I'm with those that support the vaccine requirement...I've said it several times on here and will keep doing so.  Can't wait until Hawaii does it so I can book.  

I'm really confused.   You can book Hawaii today.   I'm going on Memorial Day.  

If you can't wait to book Hawaii, then why are you waiting? 

If you haven't gotten the vaccine,  why haven't you? 

If you have gotten the vaccine,  what are you afraid of?   

In case you forgot,  EVERYONE on the plane has taken a Covid test within 72 hours.   You seem to be fine flying elsewhere,  so I'm curious to why you are MORE concerned about flying in a plane with tested people. 

Sekhmet121
Explorer B

This was a extremely amusing thread. I've enjoyed reading the reactions and getting an idea of how people think. 

I'm not getting vaccinated because I don't trust a fast tracked new tech concoction, and I'm sure not allowing anyone to put it in my body. The facts are that we don't know what sort of long term side effects they may cause. Everyone right now is taking part in a huge global clinical trial. If it was a standard killed or modified live vaccine, I would be more willing to be a guinea pig, but not with this. 

I don't expect vaccination to ever be a requirement to fly. I've never been asked for my shot records before and with HIPAA I don't believe I ever will, but should that occur I'll just drive. I love flying, but the open road can be a nice change. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Sekhmet121   Thank you for your thoughts.  I'm proud to be a part of the global clinical study that has no proved to have worked, that you're benefitting from as well, although refuse to contribute, but your choice.  I'm all for vaccine passports, bring them on.  I'll wave at you driving in your car 30,000 feet below and by statistics, are more likely to be in a crash than I am.  But I wish that on nobody.  And honestly, your sights will be much more rewarding on the ground than mine.

n0logic
Explorer C

I’m just hoping SWA can get back to keeping a schedule and stop this medical theater nonsense soon. I would much rather arrive on time than police who has a vaccine for the most overhyped nonsense since 9/11. 

gsking
Aviator C

@n0logic wrote:

I’m just hoping SWA can get back to keeping a schedule and stop this medical theater nonsense soon. I would much rather arrive on time than police who has a vaccine for the most overhyped nonsense since 9/11. 

While I agree it's past time to give people some flexibility on this mask stuff, it's an FAA rule, not SWA.   

And I hope you don't consider 9/11 "overhyped nonsense ".  Maybe just the security theater that is TSA.  There again,  I'd tend to agree.   Dangerous water bottles, flip flops, and peanut butter....

Jeffsutt76
Explorer A

It’s sickening when you realize that this entire discussion would have been quickly deleted by the Facebook/Twitter/YouTube cabal.

The new Pravda.

Wam
Explorer C

Now that we see 50+ members of Texas' House of Representatives on board a plane without masks I would hope they'd allow us lowly citizens the same respect.  It's suffocating enough for some of us to cram in airplane let alone wearing a mask.

Also, if you donate blood to the Am Red Cross they will automatically send you your blood type and whether you are positive for Covid-19 antibodies.  I never had symptoms when my husband and children were somewhat ill and tested positive for Covid, I had tested negative on two occasions.  A month later I decided to give blood.  That was Nov and I had the antibodies.  Gave again in Jan and had antibodies.  Gave again in June and have antibodies still. I was not ill during that entire time.  If it's that contagious a large majority of Americans probably have the antibodies unless they've been bunkered up alone practicing sterile technique.  It's fairly easy to check for antibodies and helps others in need so why aren't they pushing for that?

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@Wam They were on a private jet (so much for greenhouse gases). As is usual, rules are not for our leaders. They are just for the rest of us.

With that said, wear a mask. Get vaccinated. My nine year old daughter can't get vaccinated yet. Please don't kill her because you don't want to be bothered.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@bwallet wrote:

@Wam They were on a private jet (so much for greenhouse gases). As is usual, rules are not for our leaders. They are just for the rest of us.

With that said, wear a mask. Get vaccinated. My nine year old daughter can't get vaccinated yet. Please don't kill her because you don't want to be bothered.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but the chances of any young person "dying" from COVID is so astronomically small, it practically doesn't exist. Children have been so unfairly treated over the past year when they are the least at risk. Let the adults be hysterical and wear masks if they want; let kids be kids. 

--Jessica

FreeBird1
Explorer C

9 year old COVID death rate is 0.00001%, according to CDC stats.