Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: PLEASE NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT

cbo014
Explorer C

Of course it was because they stopped testing for the flu. You can't report something if you don't test for it and for the past year almost NO flu tests have been done in the facilities that I code for. Test for Covid, if it's negative, oh well, just go home and rest. Wear your mask, take your vaccine (and still get Covid). I'll pass on both

BoSu
Explorer B

In most states vaccine is available on demand today, so it likely that this excuse is no longer valid. Next excuse? 

COVID is rapidly mutating into other variations, one which will eventually not be affected by the existing vaccines. Your refusal to protect yourself adds on more person to a still too large a fraction of the population that are susceptible to infection and maintaining a live population of the virus. The requirement that you, a frequent flyer, is required to be vaccinated to fly will likely force you to be vaccinated. That is a positive, and a strong reason for such a requirement.  You are a poster child for such a requirement. 

Sekhmet121
Explorer B

No "excuse" is needed. It's a personal decision. If you want to be vaccinated. Great. If others aren't interested in being test subjects. Fine. Freedom of choice is still and always should be a thing. 

Jeffsutt76
Explorer A

When the airlines first force people to get hepatitis, TB, and AIDS tests before they can fly, the thinking 99 percent will think about it.

But only if it the vaccine is fully approved by the FFA (emergency use doesn’t count) and if real numbers show Covid fatality rate is actually significantly  more than the flu (inflated numbers don’t count).

Redneck1
Explorer B

Like so many out there, you are mistaken in believing the misconception that the unvaccinated are causing mutations .  Viruses mutate to overcome a lack of hosts.  When hosts are plentiful, it does not need to evolve mechanisms to evade host defenses.  The vaccines increase the host defensive tools and, thus, force the virus to mutate to survive.  Biology 101.  The positive aspect to this evolutionary path lies in the fact that most of the time the successive mutations weaken the virus, as has happened here.  Please review the state boards of health and CDC data which clearly indicate hospitalizations average single digits/county and deaths are nearly nonexistent, with the notable exception of those already terminal (Hospice patients).  Additionally, the only pediatric surge is RSV caused by mask wearing, NOT Covid.

brendabean
Adventurer C

Only slightly worse than the flu? Get the vaccine and mask up. SMDH  😩

JBushne
Explorer C

I love to fly and have no intention in getting the vax. After have an allergic reaction to the last flu vaccine i took last year, NO WAY. 

Please don't require the vaccine passport. Be the only airline that keeps us Free! I'm okay with social distance and maybe an ugly face shield. You are our last hope! 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@JBushne wrote:

Please don't require the vaccine passport. Be the only airline that keeps us Free

Exactly which other airlines are requiring vaccinations? None. 

And comparing possible side effects of two completely different drugs is ridiculous. That's like saying you won't take Tylenol because penicillin caused a reaction.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@JBushne wrote:

I love to fly and have no intention in getting the vax. After have an allergic reaction to the last flu vaccine i took last year, NO WAY. 

Please don't require the vaccine passport. Be the only airline that keeps us Free! I'm okay with social distance and maybe an ugly face shield. You are our last hope! 

No airline will unilaterally require a vaccine passport . If/when the feds require it, they will.

If you don't want that to happen, tell your senators / congress people.

FlightSurgeon
Explorer C

As a physician trained in public health,  Flight surgery,  and chemical biological weapons,  I can tell you there is no significant disease threat (death, mortality rate) from SARS-CoV-2. Less than 1%. It's not a significant threat, not a pandemic any more than the seasonal flu or common cold is a pandemic.  It's endemic and we must go on with our lives,  protecting the at risk (elderly and comorbid diseases). Therapeutics are a much better path forward as they address all variants and decrease the already low mortality rate! There is NO medical indication to quarantine, separate, or mask healthy asymptomatic people.  The data now solidly proves masking had no effect on the spread of this virus.  The mask is only source control in a surgical or medical isolation setting and will not protect you.  There is also NO asymptomatic carrier,  only the usual viral prodrome period with low transmission.  This experimental vaccine is unproven and mRNA vaccines had such lethality in previous studies that it has never been FDA approved in the over two decades it has been studied with excess funding.  Mandating PPE (mask) or this gene therapy  (what they are calling a vaccine) is not legal.  Because both are Experimental Authorization Use and not FDA approved, it is the individual's right to refuse!!! I used to love Southwest and traveling.  I will not comply to tyranny, unlawful restraints on my rights. This is not medically sound nor constitutional. If people are afraid,  they can stay home.  Let the rest of us enjoy our unailenable freedoms. May companies SUFFER  and become EXTINCT for denying our rights and receive our SUPPORT IF THEY STAND FOR FREEDOM!