Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: PLEASE NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Wam wrote:

Also, if you donate blood to the Am Red Cross they will automatically send you your blood type and whether you are positive for Covid-19 antibodies.  I never had symptoms when my husband and children were somewhat ill and tested positive for Covid, I had tested negative on two occasions.  A month later I decided to give blood.  That was Nov and I had the antibodies.  Gave again in Jan and had antibodies.  Gave again in June and have antibodies still. I was not ill during that entire time.  If it's that contagious a large majority of Americans probably have the antibodies unless they've been bunkered up alone practicing sterile technique.  It's fairly easy to check for antibodies and helps others in need so why aren't they pushing for that?

Agree. I gave blood in December 2020 but tested negative for antibodies. I flew in March, August, October, and early December. Never got COVID. Still to this day never got COVID. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones. I personally think a lot of people got COVID before COVID became a "thing" and before everyone became absolutely hysterical over it.

--Jessica

scottycree
Explorer C

If enough of this realize the menace we can out vote them.

gsking
Aviator C

What are you talking about? 

Jh3489
Explorer C

I flew twice during the pandemic wearing a mask both round trips and was tested twice for surgeries both negative results. So now if a vaccine ID card will be required I won’t be flying. I hope people can think for themselves and use common sense. The  percentage in America does not warrant me to cave  to fear mongering! 

Commonsense
Explorer C

What does "CATERING" have to do with this?  This is not politics.  This is not an opinion poll.  It's a freaking virus that has killed - KILLED - 3,000,000 people.  You're not vaccinated?  You are carrying a weapon and they restrict that too.  Just get vaccinated.  

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Commonsense wrote:

What does "CATERING" have to do with this?  This is not politics.  This is not an opinion poll.  It's a freaking virus that has killed - KILLED - 3,000,000 people.  You're not vaccinated?  You are carrying a weapon and they restrict that too.  Just get vaccinated.  

"You are carrying a weapon"? No, you are not. Who thinks like this? Did you think like this in 2014 when you had a bad cold and still went to work? That's just as much of a "weapon" - you could have made someone seriously ill !! !! !! Total lunacy. I am honestly surprised some people leave their houses anymore. Too many risks! Might as well stay home where it's "safe". The brainwashing has really been effective on some people.  

And actually, the virus has "killed" over 4 million worldwide to date. But like I've said, I don't trust these numbers one iota. When someone dies in a car crash and they're being marked as a "COVID death" or if you test "positive" within "X" days prior to your death it is also considered a "COVID death" (as much as 30-45 days out in some cases) something is very, very wrong. And yes, these things have happened. 

Plus ... you can still get COVID even after being fully vaccinated, and still spread it to others. A lot of reports going on about this right now. I'm not sure why people thought if they were vaccinated they were miraculously immune to COVID, but this isn't true and it has never been true. Your symptoms will be "less severe" though (and that's saying something for a virus that is mild to begin with). I read a quote the other day about how COVID has always been treated by the press as a "severe illness" (particularly with all the fear-based articles about "long haul" COVID) and now that a vaccine is here *now* they are saying your symptoms will be "mild" if you get COVID if you are vaccinated. But most people have always had mild symptoms - or none at all - since this entire thing started. The press does a great job of telling you what to believe, regardless of it's true or not.  

--Jessica

scottycree
Explorer C

My doctor said NO vaccine for me. My daughter in Dallas wants me there for Christmas.  If I need to drive it will take three days and a lot of expense and she lives 1/4 mile north of 365 so we are talking about a world of expense and inconvenience. Does Southwest expect to review their policies any day soon?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@scottycree What policy are you referring to?  You want to fly?  Get on a plane.

--TheMiddleSeat

princessk33
Explorer C

AMEN!!!  Please stand your ground and do NOT require us to get something we are NOT comfortable with if we want to be able to go see family and friends.  You have only required masks and cleaning through this whole pandemic and it has worked perfectly.  I have not heard anything about airline travel covid breakouts, etc. and so just keep doing what you are doing.  For those people "scared"....they will be vaccinated most likely and with that and your masks requirements, everyone will still be safe without FORCING the rest of us to comply with a vaccination we are not comfortable with.  PLEASE.....stand strong!

jksobonya
Aviator A

@princessk33 wrote:

I have not heard anything about airline travel covid breakouts, etc. and so just keep doing what you are doing.  

Quite right - this goes right back to the comments about many not understanding risks. The chances of getting sick on an airplane at *any* time in the past has always been small. I remember once years ago (pre-masks, obviously) I sat next to a person who coughed the *entire* flight - he was clearly sick. I did not get sick and I sat right next to him for hours. Maybe my immune system is just great 😊

The chances of catching COVID on an airplane is so small it's practically nonexistent. There are many previous posts about this and studies that were done, and so on. A new "variant" doesn't change a thing. Your risk is small. Your risk of hospitalization is even smaller. It's always been true. Flying is safe and always has been. 

--Jessica