Southwest Airlines Community

Re: PLEASE NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT

lynseybennett
Explorer C

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

BoSu
Explorer B

I agree that I do not want anybody on a plane next to me who has not taken the vaccine. When it is permanently approved, what will be the fallback excuse? 

Sekhmet121
Explorer B

Because HIPPA prohibits anyone from demanding to see my medical records. My medical history is nobody's business but my own. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Sekhmet121 Incorrect, HIPPA wouldn't apply to an airline asking you what your vaccination status is. But, nice try.

https://www.hipaajournal.com/is-it-a-hipaa-violation-to-ask-for-proof-of-vaccine-status/

I will also take this opportunity to remind everyone that vaccination is not and will not be required for domestic travel.

--TheMiddleSeat

Sekhmet121
Explorer B

I would happily challenge it in court. That's the reason my employer can't ask for proof of vaccination from us or customers. Regardless, that is your private business. 

I have a question though to ask to those who are concerned about sitting next to an unvaccinated person. Why does that concern you? If you have faith in the vaccine to protect you you shouldn't fear the unvaccinated. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Sekhmet121 Your employer can ask. Did you read the link I posted?

And no, I don't have concerns about sitting next to an unvaccinated person. That's why no vaccine will be required for domestic travel.

--TheMiddleSeat

Sekhmet121
Explorer B

My employer has stated that they cannot ask to see your vaccination card. They aren't allowed. They may simply be overly cautious about possibly being sued, but that statement came from corporate and I have heard other businesses make the same statement. 

Nope_Not_Me
Explorer C

I am part of the majority that will never get the vaccine.  I had a friend die suddenly after taking it and am concerned it is poorly tested.

That said, there is a lot of research about the efficacy of homeopathy.  Mother Teresa used this in Calcutta as does the PBHF Clinic that sees over 1000 patients/day free of charge.  It is this part of India that has had a very low rate of coronavirus infections.  Why?  They take Thuja Occidentalis 30CH twice daily for one week then twice daily every 3 days for another 3 weeks.  I also took this and have recommended it to others.  It would be easy to simply give everyone a dose upon boarding, then before deplaning.  It does not interfere with any meds.  ONe could also ask if they are taking an immune boosting supplements such as zinc, Vitamin C or Ashwaganda or Echinacea.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Nope_Not_Me 62.9% of adults in the United States have received at least one shot.  It's been a little bit since my last high school math class, but I'm pretty sure 62.9% is a majority of adults.  When looking at total population in the United States it's 50.8% with at least one shot.  Still a majority.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#datatracker-home

While I'm here I'll say it again, vaccinations are not and will not be required for domestic travel in the United States.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Nope_Not_Me wrote:

I am part of the majority that will never get the vaccine.  I had a friend die suddenly after taking it and am concerned it is poorly tested.

Versus the 500,000+ that have died of the virus in the US.

Which is more deadly the virus or the drug?

That is not a difficult question to answer.