Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Passenger Safety

cyle
Explorer C

If the passengers that are afraid of covid has access to the 'shot' and can wear a mask if they choose then aren't they safe from evil people like me who has had covid naturally and has a stronger  immunity than they? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

gsking
Aviator C

So you're twice as likely to be reinfected if you've had Covid vs the vaccine? 

What's the odds with the vaccine?   Hmm,  they don't really say.   Funny how that works. 

Is it 1%?  So it doubles to 2%?  Should I shudder in fear?   In both cases,  they say you won't get serious symptoms anyways. 

Again,  what's the line in the sand?   When do you need a second vaccine because your first wasn't good enough.?  

If I'm told to get vaccinated (again) because there's a 99% chance I won't get the sniffles,  I'm not agreeing with your logic and acceptance of risk.   Because the next guy will be ever more paranoid and he'll demand a booster shot every month. 

PettyIntrigues
Adventurer A

Listen to cyle here, flexing on a virus on an airline messageboard. I bet it’s quaking in its nucleocapsid!

And gsking, I hear your takes  completely; I just think 1) where we are at as a society it is far more helpful for companies to start mandating them to get us over the hump (my industry mostly has just due to all the lost days of work), and 2) Southwest can’t say that they can’t give us OJ or scotch or soda water or whatever because they want to lessen the contact and subsequent risk the FAs have to take, then not mandate a vaccine that has demonstrably proved to reduce that risk. It looks like a gutless cop-out. So we keep doing what we’ve all been doing for…???

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

I’m vaccinated but the more time I spend around unvaccinated people, walking Petri dishes for covid variants, the more I increase my chances of a breakthrough infection. 

here them is just another in the evergreen reasons not to fly southwest. I’ll pay a little more to fly United, select my seat in advance, and be safe. 

gsking
Aviator C

Congratulations.   Don't let the emergency exit door hit you in the butt on the way down the slide.   

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hello, I want to take a moment and encourage everyone to refresh themselves on our Community User Guidelines. We want all Members to feel comfortable sharing thoughts and ideas here, and we ask that you follow the Golden Rule and treat other Community Members the way you would like to be treated. Keep your tone positive and your comments constructive. Thank you.

Nicole
Community Manager

Momojiggalo
Explorer C

Good morning team members! I would like to give recognition to a Southwest Airlines crew yesterday on October 28th, (Flight 2722). I have had a lot of interesting flights recently, however this crew was friendly, hospitable, and punctual. They made me feel right at home. My “position,” was A4… if that helps. Thanks again Southwest Airlines team. We need more crews like you! 
-Anonymous flyer 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Momojiggalo wrote:

Glad to hear you had a great experience.

However, because this is a customer forum, it is unlikely the crew will get recognition because of anything you post here.

If you really want the crew to get recognition, then you need to contact SW directly. To do so, click on "contact us" below and proceed.