Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Permission to access your site denied

Krueger90
Explorer C

Past few days can not sign into southwest.  Have before and can visit other sites but get message You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.5f41f648.1514902281.1a6d3e46.  Called customer service twice and told they can't help over the phone.  Tried website on cell phone and same message.  Trying to book flight for mother but do not want to do over phone.  Any suggestions as can't get to their email unless signed in...thank you

45 REPLIES 45

Re: Permission to access your site denied

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I'm also having problems with some devices, some work just fine. I haven't spent any time trying to figure out the exact issue. 

In the meantime, you should be able to book through the mobile site,  https://mobile.southwest.com or through a Southwest app on iOS or Android 

RanchBoss
Explorer C

access denied.png

I got 'it's not our problem' from Customer Service.  As a A-Lister/Companion Pass for the last  few years, that's NOT the right answer.  I'm about to take my business elsewhere

trekkienor
Explorer C

This is a big issue for people who want to fly with Southwest who live outside North America. I really don't understand this. I live in Norway. I can access this website (Southwest Air Community)  and I can access their Southwest Vacations website. But when I try to access the offical Southwest Airline website, access is denied. 

How can we get SW to understand that this is a big problem and that they need to fix it before they lose customers_ Any ideas?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @trekkienor,

I'm sorry about the difficulty accessing Southwest.com. We've made the appropriate departments aware of the issue. Keep in mind, you can always contact our Customer Support and Services Department at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA to make a reservation. 

jtn23
Explorer C

Has this issue been addressed? I still cannot access Southwest's site to modify my bookings. I am currently overseas and cannot call in. 

timdik
Explorer C

Hi,

I am really sorry but I don't buy this answer.

It's years now that Southwest simply blocks international travellers to access their website. Every year I address this problem, and every time I get an answer that this problem is forwarded to the people who can solve it.

I even can't access the mobile app anymore.

Why don't you simply tell international travellers that you are not going to solve this problem because you don't want them to book with Southwest?

I always hear that Southwest is well known for it's customer friendliness. Well, maybe for the American customers.  

Mdeemdee
Explorer C

We flew down on Southwest  to Punts Cana. How are we to check-in online for return trip if access is not allowed?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Technically, assess should be available when in Punta Cana, as Southwest says access is only blocked from countries they do not serve. If you're having trouble there, try deleting your cookies and/or using another browser, or connecting via the Southwest app. Good luck.

LinnE
Explorer C

In regards to access being granted in countries that Southwest serves, this is no longer the case. I live in Costa Rica and Southwest flies here. I have not been able to access the site for two days now. This is really frustrating. I do hope they get it fixed soon or I will be like others here and switching airlines.