Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Policy needed on Saving Seats

funlovin68
Explorer C

Southwest needs a policy on saving seats. One person will pay the 15.00 fee and they will then go and save 1-6 seats. I have experienced this on my last 3 flights. I asked the flight m attendent and they said there is no offical policy on this issue. I am going to start sitting in their seats as I am tired of people playing the system. Thank goodness I will be at A list priority next week

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Policy needed on Saving Seats

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The "policy" is you can sit in any available seat. If you would like to sit in a seat someone is attempting to save you can do it if you believe it is available. Yes, the policy relies heavily on people being courteous and respectful and could certainly lead to some awkwardness or hurt feelings, but that is the policy.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@funlovin68 wrote:

Southwest needs a policy on saving seats. One person will pay the 15.00 fee and they will then go and save 1-6 seats. I have experienced this on my last 3 flights. I asked the flight m attendent and they said there is no offical policy on this issue. I am going to start sitting in their seats as I am tired of people playing the system. Thank goodness I will be at A list priority next week

I don't personally stress for one person taking up to three seats in a row (1 aisle, 1 window, and the middle).

If you can't save it by simultaneously putting a hand on it, then you are being greedy.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

iamcarertx
Explorer C

SW Could mitigate the frustration if they would assign boarding positions next to each other for people that have tickets on the same account. I have a companion and I always get a low A position and she gets a high B position. I don't see the big deal it causes by letting us board together.