Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Poor Loading Service On Southwest

zapps29
Explorer C

Customers, 

Travelling on Southwest? Please be careful when checking in a Flat Screen TV. They don't tell you the full story and if it is damaged you are on your own. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Poor Loading Service On Southwest

dfwskier
Aviator A

@zapps29 wrote:

Customers, 

Travelling on Southwest? Please be careful when checking in a Flat Screen TV. They don't tell you the full story and if it is damaged you are on your own. 

Hello.

From your comment, I presume that you had a TV damaged during shipment. Sorry to hear that.

When checking in a fragile item, Southwest (like evey other airline) would have had you sign a damage waiver advising you that the airline would not be liable for damge to the item. If  the airline did not provide you with that that waiver, it sounds like you have a damaged baggage claim. If so, I hope you filed the claim when you picked up the television at baggage claim.

Re: Poor Loading Service On Southwest

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@zapps29 wrote:

Customers, 

I'll be honest that something relatively delicate like a TV might be something to consider shipping through a shipping service and not taking as checked baggage on airline travel, where you can get insurance.

I'm sorry to hear that yours was damaged. Hopefully anyone reading this thread will decide to choose alternate methods for shipping a TV based on your experience.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.