Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Poor customer and no preboarding for military

Duane1385
Explorer C

Flying out of San Diego to San Jose on flight 1614. My wife and I booked the flight together but got far different boarding groups. We figured they would offer preboarding for military as they always do but they did not. We then figured it would be ok to board together under my earlier boarding group but the rude loading agent denied this logical move and said we would have load under her group. My wife even asked about military boarding showing ID and he denied and was rude about that as well.  Never been treated so rudely nor never not offered preboarding through southwest. Also does not make sense how we were given such different boarding groups as the flights were booked together. The polite and customer conscious decision would of been to allow us to board together or at the very least be polite. I was extremely disappointed in this treatment and service. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Poor customer and no preboarding for military

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response.

First off, thank you for your service. It is truly appreciated.

To the best of my knowledge, officially, Southwest doesn't have a published policy. They allow ops agents to do as they choose, and usually require military to be in uniform to board between A and B., when they offer military boarding at all. That being said, I'm sorry to hear of how you were treated by the gate agent when you mentioned this.

I'd suggest you reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter, and share this issue there. Be sure to also note the seating difficulties considering you and your wife were on the same ticket.

Kindly keep us posted here how it goes!

Zev

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger