Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Portland-Burbank nonstop flights Feb and Mar 2020

JMarler
Explorer C

Hello! This is my first visit to the forum. I was hoping to find a discussion category specific to flight schedules. I hope my question will be acceptable in the General Travel Policies category.

Southwest currently--and through January 2020--has at least one nonstop flight daily between Portland (PDX) and Burbank (BUR). There are no nonstop flights in February and March 2020. Will they be added to the schedule later? Are they gone for good? 

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Portland-Burbank nonstop flights Feb and Mar 2020

jksobonya
Aviator A

It's hard to say, especially with the MAX 8 grounding. SWA can change flights without notice. In my case, they've done it from PHL - LAS this year, they used to have one nonstop flight a day (sometimes 2) and they have eliminated them this year. The last nonstops I took were in October of 2018. The 'cheapest' flights now have 2 stops - ugh.

Hopefully nonstops will be added back once the MAX 8 grounding is behind us and SWA gets more planes back in service.

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's doubtful Southwest would add a route to the already announced schedule, you're more likely to see a route added when a new schedule is announced, adding the route in the newly available dates.  Based on the schedule announcement dates, it looks like that route is going to be unavailable until at least April 13, 2020.  As @jksobonya said, Southwest is having to make some difficult choices about which routes to keep and which to eliminate with the loss of so many of its aircraft.  Let's hope the Max gets fixed and up in the skies soon so Southwest can expand its route map.

--TheMiddleSeat

JMarler
Explorer C

Thank you, Jessica!