Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Pre-Boarding Abuse & Seat Savings

dfwskier
Aviator A

@tmigneron wrote:

This continues to be a big problem.  On a recent international flight, a group had one person who used a wheel chair to get preboarding, and her companion proceeded to save the First 4 ROWS for their family!   

Hmmm Lets see now--- 4 rows times 6 seats per row ---So there were 24 family members??  Really??

floridaguy
Aviator C

I see this as a Southwest problem.  The LAW is clear, those who "self identify" with a disability get to preboard.

Since Southwest has open seating, the preboard sit wherever they like.  Yes, you can buy an economy ticket and get the best seat in the house.  That is not, I repeat NOT the preboard individual's problem, that is Southwest's problem.

My advice is that if you "self identify" as a person with a disability, then you preboard if you must.  

...over the ocean blue...

moandyr22
Adventurer C

Id rather take "advise " from a street rat.

floridaguy
Aviator C

I would suggest a remedial study in spelling.  I believe that the word that you are attempting to quote is "advice". 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I would suggest a remedial study in spelling.  I believe that the word that you are attempting to quote is "advice". 

Are you a member of the spelling police?

floridaguy
Aviator C

In addition, I've reported your post as it violates the board rules.  I wish to have a welcoming and free discussion on this board without the hostility.

moandyr22
Adventurer C

Id argue your post about spelling , had nothing to do with a topic and was either  harassment or a pathetic diversion of the hole you are dug into. Your historic  taunting/provoking  posts once looked at closely should only backfire on you.  But go cry  to mommy ( which you also have a history of) if you cant handle the fight  you picked.  Collect  unemployment checks ,  steal candy from babies, pre-board when you have no real reason, park in handy cap spots and don't forget to grab any wallet you see hanging from a pocket.  Life will catch up to you if it hasn't already.  Yea... Im gonna assume it has or you wouldn't be so nasty and proud of the fact ...back on topic ...THAT YOU PREBOARD AND BRAG YOU HAVE NO LEGITIMATE REASON  and  then gloat about it just to antagonize nothing productive about your comments.  I dont care about this forum . The only reason I chimed in was to alleviate the nausea I felt after seeing your attack and then cry baby comments.  So, cry and cut my voice if you have a lick of intelligence, yours will be cut with me  even if I have to PAY have it litigated.  Now thats an odd concept for someone who rides the system. But...."Pre-board (for no reason)  over the ocean blue"....  Im ready . Are you?

blsinmd
Adventurer B

@moandyr22 I love it.  But, please don't keep feeding the troll that's what he wants to argue. He obviously doesn't have a life, except for this platform.  He makes himself look bad enough.  It's just not worth the aggravation.  Like you said, his life will catch up to him.  It's called Karma 🙂

moandyr22
Adventurer C

I hope he/she calls mommy and shuts me down but in the mean time they take a look at he/shes account , the messages stating he/she pre-boards for no reason.  The provoking childish rhymes (with the rare flights it affords.) Attorney fees would be less than 3 months of business select upgrades and could  stop just  one person from  this uncivilized practice.  Its a start.   I just searched the problem this weekend following an irritating  experience standing  with A-1 ticket in my hand twice in a dual boarding trip .  A DOG ( with a visually UNimpaired person)   got on the plane  before me not to mention very elderly needy veterans with legitimate preboard reason.  NOT a service animal. A companion dog. That brought me to this  forum to see  he / she/ it florida  brag for the last year they cheat the system and have the nerve to threaten more than one of us that he/she/it will report our legitimate objections/opinions as inappropriate.   An apology ( and promise to stop the gutter style of traveling )from he /she Florida to all of us who pay or have legitimate handicap for our place on plane will be a start.   I am not one to walk away. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@moandyr22 Please don't be guilty of judging people's ability solely based on visual observations.  While the system is probably abused, there is no way to visually determine if someone qualifies or not.  Southwest uses the following criteria, "Preboarding is available for Customers who have a specific seating need to accommodate their disability and/or need assistance in boarding the aircraft or stowing an assistive device." and that can apply to many people who do not display a disability.  Many people have posted examples of their hidden disability here when they are frustrated with the judgement they receive from people.  Additionally, Southwest only allows trained service dogs or pets in pet carriers.  The emotional support dog or companion is no longer a thing.

--TheMiddleSeat