Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Pre-Boarding Abuse & Seat Savings

dfwskier
Aviator A

@blsinmd wrote:

@

I presume you mean my posts that explain why Southwest will not go with assigned seats, thus explaining why assigned seats can't solve the pre-board situaton?

blsinmd
Adventurer B

Whatever dude....., smh.  Move on.  

Def done with this non-productive dialogue and conversation. 

moandyr22
Adventurer C

For starters... If preloading is required it should be made at reservation time.  Wanna get away fairs should be exempt.  Wanna get away should be cheapest willynilly flights. Otherwise  this begs the question if 50 "floridaguys" are all pre-boarding... who goes first? Eventually this will be the dilemma.  People cheating the pre-board privilege will continue grow. The pustulate matter will be large enough that needed recipients are pushed to the back while popcorn eating leaches are in front. Decent people may still give their A list seat options to the needy people pushed out.  Go back and read the floridaguy/thing posts... all taunt/ brag that he/she cheats us and does not relent. 

moandyr22
Adventurer C

pdfelter , make no mistake, I have no problem with , and would give my seat up for legitimate recipients of this program. My problem , as the rest of us, are people who fake a need ( such as the  floridaguy person (who made the original poem taunting us) people who think its ok sit in a wheel chair and tie up airport staff  simply in order to board early.  If I were you I would be more offended by those/that people than my response was to.  There is no loss of dignity having a handicap. You loose your dignity pretending to have one to steal a benefit . Read that "floridathing" post he continually sings a stupid song bragging that he/she manipulates the system at all of our cost. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@moandyr22 wrote:

Read that "floridathing" post he continually sings a stupid song bragging that he/she manipulates the system at all of our cost. 

Yes, that's called being a troll, trying to irritate people. 

--TheMiddleSeat

blsinmd
Adventurer B

Yep....there should an ignore/block button on the platform for trolls. Instead, I've chosen to just not respond 😊

blsinmd
Adventurer B

Exactly!

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

@moandyr22

my whole point is that you can't always judge a book by the cover. You would think my husband was one of those faking the need to preboard as he pulls up in a wheelchair and then walks with a cane on and off the plane.  

I get the people who fake it, or abuse the system, but that happens EVERYWHERE.  But in the end, we all have a seat on the plane. ie: if 24 preboarders all sat in the front rows, is the 5th row still not good enough? 

moandyr22
Adventurer C

NO its not when you pay several hundred dollars to NOT have to deal with anyone else.

moandyr22
Adventurer C

Believe me...I stand there with an a-1 position most of the time HOPING i dont see abuse in preboard.  BUT IT IS NEVER THE CASE. Old lady's with loving daughters etc... Im so OK with . But more than often while you stand and wait for preboard... you see them (unintentionally remember them) they are the same folks running around the car rental  airport terminal etc.. with no problem.   Grant it some MAY have a real condition... but lets be honest here.  It is totally abused. "Floridaguy" is the poster child of misrepresenting  and abusing system  . And he/she/ it  brags about it every chance he/she/ it gets.