Re: Pre-Boarding Abuse & Seat Savings

dfwskier
Aviator A

@blsinmd wrote:

So what do you want Southwest to do?

It can't stop pre boarders from pre boarding

It can't treat pre boarders differently than other passengers so

a) It can't charge a fee for pre boarding

b) It can;t force pre boarders to sit in the back of the plane (or anywhere else)

c) It can't tell pre boarders to not sit in specific seats (except exit row)

Southwest will not implement seat selection because it has 50+ years of experience that practice slows the boarding process down significantly and impacts profit.

So what do you want Southwest to do?

floridaguy
Aviator C

I actually think that Southwest executives take a periodic break and read this board.  They get some popcorn, beverages, comfortable chairs and this show is better than any Vegas show.

Between the fussing about Internet, to preboarders, to gate changes, to employment issues this board is about as nuts as it comes.

Pop me another bag of popcorn as I preboard.....over the ocean blue....

moandyr22
Adventurer C

Florida  he/she  of course you'd request someone "pop you a bag of popcorn" instead of getting your own. You are the root of the problem. People pay to sit where they want as well as people who require special seating are cheated and discussed by your existence. So brag on the fact you manipulate the system all you want.   We have heard you! You are proud to crowd out the handicap. You are glad to cheat your way into line. We hear you.!!!   Im certain the life you are stuck with is a reflection of the path you clearly choose. Great you cheat everyone.  We get it . Jolly Jollly .  Over the ocean blue  stupidity and all.  Dont forget to take advantage of undeserved military discounts and of course park in handicap spaces through your pathetic life.  

blsinmd
Adventurer B

Assigned, purchased seats.  Board from back to front.  SW won't go back to assigned seats? Really?  At a town hall meeting in January the new CEO "Could we one day need to take back up the assigned-seating question? I think we may have to do that," 

I never mentioned any of the below items you brought up.  Don't know where you came up with that.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@blsinmd wrote:

Assigned, purchased seats.  Board from back to front.  SW won't go back to assigned seats? Really?  At a town hall meeting in January the new CEO "Could we one day need to take back up the assigned-seating question? I think we may have to do that," 

I never mentioned any of the below items you brought up.  Don't know where you came up with that.  

I told you what southwest CANNOT (by law) do. I gave examples.

I asked you what Southwest could do. You never answered the question.

Oh, and Southwest cannot "go back to" assigned seats, because since it's first flight in 1971, not a single one of the hundreds of millions of seats that have ever been flown have been assigned.  Why? Because Southwest understands that assigned seating impacts operating efficiency.

blsinmd
Adventurer B

@dfwskier You might want to re-read my response.  Just sayin....

dfwskier
Aviator A

Assigned purchased seats -ain't gonna happen. Southwest saves too much money not doing assigned seats - it has 51 years of data backing that up.

Saying they "might" consider it at some point inn the future is like saying SW "might" consider buying Airbus 220s at some point. You keep your options open.

How does boarding back to front solve the pre-board issue?

blsinmd
Adventurer B

Lol....Guessing the new CEO wouldn't know.   

Boarding back to front makes logical sense, that's why.  Didn't say it would solve the pre-boarding, abuse issue.  Smh.  

Done with this dialogue 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@blsinmd wrote:

Lol....Guessing the new CEO wouldn't know.   

Boarding back to front makes logical sense, that's why.  Didn't say it would solve the pre-boarding, abuse issue.  Smh.  

?????????????

I thought the topic of this chain of posts is "Pre Boarding Abuse & Seat Saving."

blsinmd
Adventurer B

@dfwskier you might want to go back read your own responses. discussing seat assignments. 

Smh.....