Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Pre-Boarding Abuse & Seat Savings

moandyr22
Adventurer C

I paid for Business Select  and was A-1 all four flights this week.  Obviously,  same old BS going on and I have reason to include myself in this forum.  I  built up status and flew SWA the past several years.  So... What do other airlines with assigned seating do if passengers book late and decide they suddenly have qualifications to preboard?  If indeed its a federal law to let them run the boarding process, can they walk on Delta and demand a seat be given to them already reserved  because they have a companion pet ( not even service pet)?   I cant imagine that.    I have wrestless leg syndrome .   I think I need to start boarding first and sit in first row instead of kicking the seat of the preboarder who has reclined in my lap.  Why continue Business Select  to sit in exit row  just so I'm not reclined on?    

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@moandyr22 other airlines have assigned seats..

--TheMiddleSeat

blsinmd
Adventurer B

Thats why they fly SW because they allow it and make it too easy to do.  They purchase the cheapest ticket possible then get to pre-board.  I too have built up status, purchase Business Select and received A-1 boarding.   However, there were 15, yes 15 preboarders in wheel chairs, not related and their companions.  They def need to change the boarding process.  I get they need to preboard for certain reasons.  They should also need to purchase said ticket that gets them on board early.  I've also watched the preboarders once they reach there destination no longer needing that wheel.  I've switched to American Airlines, I like to seat in the front of the plane.  I purchased first class to ensure that and I won't give it up for a preboarder. They also need to stop the seat saving. One person in a party purchases early and saves seats for C boarders.  That has caused problems. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

...preboard preboard over the ocean blue.....you paid for business select and I got on board a head of you.....

blsinmd
Adventurer B

For now......

floridaguy
Aviator C

...for ever

moandyr22
Adventurer C

Pre-board  Pre=board ... you board before me . 

Ill stand unlike a leach while you do it ...and keep my dignity. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Nice song!

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

"Pre-board  Pre=board ... you board before me . 

Ill stand unlike a leach while you do it ...and keep my dignity. "

Keep your dignity?  My husband would gladly give you the Cerebral Palsy he was born with that allows him to preboard.  Fly a different airline if you want special treatment of first class.  Yes, we use a wheelchair to move through the airport and he can walk a short distance.  Unfortunately, it is people like you who don't pay attention to where they are walking and cause him to fall, so we rely on the wheelchair.  He does walk off and on the plane though but needs extra time to do so because of his handicap.  

Just got off of a SW flight and the seats will not recline in anyone's lap.  Do they go back a little, yes, but only like an inch.  

Solution for you - fly another airline or be thankful you have a seat on the plane and still made it to your destination.  

floridaguy
Aviator C

Here here!  Well said.

That person needs to find another flight option.