Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Price drop on a flight that was purchased. Anything I can do to get the cheaper price?

yrebeccalam
Explorer C

Purchased two tickets and just notice the price on them dropped? Is there anyway to take advantage of that? Should I cancel and rebook the same flight?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Price drop on a flight that was purchased. Anything I can do to get the cheaper price?

franktravel
Aviator B

Yes!  From the Southwest home page click on change/cancel.  Then choose change, now pick the same flight. 

Re: Price drop on a flight that was purchased. Anything I can do to get the cheaper price?

geoffkin
Explorer C

SW finally figured out how to stop us from rebooking if the price drops, you CANNOT find the each way price you paid ANYWHERE!  It is now impossible to know what you paid each way, unless you REMEMBER from back when you bought the trip..  LOVELY!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As a general rule, on Southwest it's always better to book one-way flights. This is another example why.  😉

bjayasuriya
Explorer C

The price you paid is in the confirmation email SW sends when you make the reservation.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

Franktravel has it correct with one exception - I think you have to call if the flight is in May or early June when they are changing over their computer system.  Try it online, and if it doesn't work, you can call.  If you are not sure of the price of each leg of the trip, you can put to change them both and see if the total is less.  If it is more, just hit the back arrow on your browser and try changing one leg of the trip at a time to see if the price goes up or down.  Do not cancel and rebook - the computer system remembers that you had the ticket, and the price you see on the screen before cancellation will likely not be the price afterwards.  Better to change it than cancel and rebook.