Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Proof SW is just Greedy & Clever .

MeddleSeat
Explorer A

I booked a SW Fight not knowing it wasn't refundable on credit card. Due to Virus ramping I could not Fly.

I am more than willing to accept 1/2 of my Fare back on my credit card. My fare was $659.00 when I booked it. Closer to day of Flight it dropped to $99.00. When I called i was put on hold 2hrs twice.  To this day I suspect my flight was cancelled but Ill never know as SW puts the labor on the customer and wears one down. If SW truly recognizes the Virus as a mitigating circumstance why cant the Largest Airline in the World give me 1/2 my Flight back? I feel that if so many other American Business's are doing moral gestures  so why not SW? Note: if my flight flew the fare was $99.00 so I was not preventing the airline from making the $659.00 on another passenger. If Sw is worried if they become honorable towards my fare, others might want the same. The senior citizen like me that is not a regular flyer can not use that ticket again as in my instance I was flying only for a family emergency (booked the fare before the virus really ramped). Thus why cant I either get 1/2 the$ back or let me transfer the ticket to someone else? Think about how terrible the customer service is for SW Nicole Ashley,

the SW censor on here has read my comments. All she has to do is say at minimum I will check to see if your flight was cancelled. No instead she just refers you to some site which puts the labor on you the Customer. SW only reinvests their profit if they get pressure from other airlines like Delta who months ago disinfected their planes between each flight. Not Good old SWLUV s you airline the head Fertilizer Pres. Kelly kissed the Blarney Stone & only a few days ago announced new disinfecting but didnt state how far Sw would go to keep the planes clean. In meantime Dancing Dave a paid off Top Contributor threatened me to get off this site as its own by SW? This Contributor can get perks like invites to corp office and probably upgrades on flights Never has one top contributor disclosed one perk? Then Dancing Dave comments that my comment is not important but he couldn't wait to get back to (I'm not embellishing ) teaching families w kids how to navigate the airport. I hope he does nt go to an airport and approach Families as most parents teach their children not to trust strangers as you never know what's out there? So if you dont agree w Sw they either censor you or bully you but always know SW thinks Customer Service means the Customer does his own Service. Every thing w SW is a referral to more red tape. Sw never takes ownership w any Service where the labor is on them.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Proof SW is just Greedy & Clever .

dfwskier
Aviator A

@MeddleSeat wrote:

I booked a SW Fight not knowing it wasn't refundable on credit card.  

Southwest does not keep it a  secret that Wanna Get Away fares are non refundable. It is plainly stated on the website.

If you had bothered to look, you would have known it.

Do you have any further comment   about your EAA post?

bec102896
Aviator A

I know this is a frustrating experience for you and others who bought non refundable tickets I understand that but unfortunately this is a customer to customer forum that's why everyone is referring you to contact southwest though one of these methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint  

None of us here have the ability to even see your reservation because we are just customers we are not employees of Southwest Airlines.  The few moderators on here don't have access to reservations. 

The easiest way for you to get assistance from Southwest is on Facebook or Twitter. If you don't have either of those then you would want to call customer relations at 855-234-4654 they are the department who might be able to help with making any exceptions but no guarantees on what they can do. That department is only open Monday through Friday though and hold times could be long. 

One thing to keep in mind out of the big 4 (Delta, American, United, and Southwest) none are currently issuing refunds for non refundable tickets if the customer cancels. 

MeddleSeat
Explorer A

South west was forced to give refunds by the government. Also SW has that Bingo Card of 3 Fares & in fine print the cheap fare has the no refund policy to your credit card. Maybe you travel all the time and read all the little details. In my case I dont flyall the time. You have  adifference of opinion and it seems like you were dispatched by the airline to comment to censor me again.  You comment from your comfortable position how you know my frustration. You dont address the lack of Customer Service where if i contact them to find out if my flight was canceled I will be put on hold for hours on end. Instead you shove the Corporate response repeatedly by saying I should contact them again. Why shouldn't the airline check into wether my flight left on their Time. They have $659.00 off my $ to hire more people at the call center. All you care about is getting Brownie Points w the airline.

You selective answer parts of my issue and but ignore the Clever things the airline does to

get peoples money in the first place. Even a car dealer has in large caps READ BEFORE SIGNING. Anyone over 70 who grew up in the era of Customer service would not be able to see the light fading type that buries the no refund on to your credit card. Not one word out of your sneaky mouth about why I cant get even 1/2 of my Flight back in light of my fare dropped to $99.00. Do you enjoy feeling like a Prosecutor that causes the acuser to put people on the defensive, EAA is refunding everything even lodging. Y do you think it is not unreasonable for a fixed income senior who offers to give the airline $329.50 of a $659.00 airfare when on top of it the airline switch the airfare to $99.00. When I read your clever sarcastic and patronizing comments I want to get the vomit bag out . Your comments are extremely deceitful as to me addressing only favorable points and ignoring legitimate questions is just a n example of a clever devil. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We're sincerely sorry for the continued frustration @MeddleSeat. Our discounted fares have always been nonrefundable unless Southwest cancels the flight. If you cancel(ed) your flight for any reason between March 1 and September 7, 2020, you have travel funds to use for another trip by September 7, 2022. I understand your preference is a refund and I apologize that we aren't making that exception.

As a peer-to-peer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here. If you would like to discuss your specific situation with the Customer Relations Department, I've included their contact information below. 

Phone: 1-855-234-4654

Twitter: @SouthwestAir

Facebook: @SouthwestAir

Email here.

Nicole
Community Manager

clevelandmb
Explorer C
Solution

Not a refund, but maybe a good option for you.    Now that you should have Travel Funds in your account, wait about a week or so and SWA will let you exchange the Travel Funds for Points.   Then you can use these points to get air travel for anyone you wish (relatives?) and they do not expire.  Better use than not using the Travel Funds and also than getting 1/2 of you amount paid refunded.   Just a suggestion.

MeddleSeat
Explorer A

Thanks, Finally a positive suggestion. When my friend found out his wife had a tragic illness I rushed to fly to be loyal. i have anxiety so I don't like flying but my loyalty & duty prevailed on me to drop everything & support my friend. I used to fly SW in the 1980's where they were so good they actually had Great Customer Service. I did my part to help build their business.

I didnt read the fine print. The print is so much lighter than the Large Font Sales Offers. W the virus I canceled as i feared I could possibly pass the Virus to the Family I was to visit. Thus I canceled. 

Yours was the first positive suggestion I have read on here. Do you know how to get the fare converted to rewards points. I dont even know if I'm on the rewards point list? Is there a way to do that without calling them? If you know Id appreciate a reply otherwise thanks Ill figure it out.

To the Top Contributors please dont comment as I trust this person, whereas you people have done nothing but harass me since i was on here & I dont want your help as it will just be an insincere gesture to cover up your repeated censoring of my issues so people will not think you are censoring a difference of opinion.  

Once again thanks for awesome suggestion it will work. I remember when Texas Air was competing vs: Sw & I always flew SW from Love Field. I doubt that any of these SW people will care that I did my part to help SW grow when it was a hungry airline. I think it went to Lubbock Tx its been so long but Flights were competitive and employees were down to earth not like this situation of constantly deflecting the labor onto the Customer. A new meaning of Buyer Beware SW a great American Company, hungry and aggressive in the 1980's that made a Customer pleasantly surprise & now SW a big Corporate Giant that is filled with surprises none of which are pleasant. I of course will ask everyone my network to boycott SW until they change their polices that treat Customers like we are dealing w a Generic Airline & that is being Polite. Thank you, so much for taking the time for helping me.

bec102896
Aviator A

They are still working on the option to convert travel funds to points and hopefully it will be available soon. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Lol, complains incessantly about not getting a cash refund and suddenly decides he doesn't need a cash refund. Ok, whatever works for you.

Perhaps you would like to click that green check mark on the suggestion you liked since you complained so much about other posts being marked as solutions? 

Speaking of bullying, I can't wait to see the inappropriate tags you put on this post.

--TheMiddleSeat

clevelandmb
Explorer C

I am unsure of your situation.  If you are a Rapid Rewards member, sign in and then go to My Account.  On top there is a Travel Funds box; click it to see travel funds you have available (assuming they have been made in the past 6 months or so).  If they are there, then wait a couple of weeks (my guess as to when it will be done) and the programmers will write the code so you can convert Travel Funds to RR points, which will show in your account afterward (on top when you sign in).   

RR Points do not expire and you can use them for anyone you wish for travel on SWA.  (When you go to book flights, just check the Points box on top of the page where the available flight are shown.  If you don't see it, call SWA to book.

Of course booking with points does not get you points for those flights, but not likely a big deal for you.