Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Punta Cuna to Atl Flight Change makes me miss connectiton

mlh4505
Explorer C

I had booked Atl-Punta Cana round trip through Baltimore.

Just got notified that the return trip was changed and I cannot make the connection in BWI.

The flight gets in to BWI at 7:30 pm and the last flight to ATL is at 635 pm.  What can I do.  Will they re book me on another airline or put me in a hotel or am I SOL and have to cancel this trip?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Punta Cuna to Atl Flight Change makes me miss connectiton

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The change notification includes a link to change your flights. No, Southwest will not put you on another airline or pay for a hotel. You will need to  change your flight or cancel.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

And I would do this asap.  I didn't do it on a flight change and then it became the flight and to change after that was a bigger pain in the .....

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I hate to say it, but it looks like SW is not operating a schedule where you can successfully fly from ATL - PUJ. I searched a couple of dates, and I don't see anything. Backing up the PUJ - BWI leg likely makes the connection to ATL impossible, so the option is just gone. 

Unfortunately, all airlines are making tough schedule changes. Furthermore, this is especially frustrating because there used to be ATL - PUJ direct flights.

If there is no option, you can get a refund and book with other airline.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest will let you cancel just the return portion of your itinerary.

If it makes sense, then you could fly Southwest outbound and a different airline inbound.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You should reach out to Southwest 800-435-9792 that way they can try to see what options are available. If no flights exist now because of the schedule changes you would be entitled to a refund to your original form of payment just tell the representative that is what you would like that way maybe you can rebook the return on a different airline. 

-Blake