Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Quarantine enforcement?

woodbinemom
Explorer C

I am flying into Rhode Island that has a 14 day quarantine policy. Who enforces this?  Does the airline or someone in the airport?  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Quarantine enforcement?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Quarantines are enforced by officials in the states issuing the quarantine order.

woodbinemom
Explorer C

Any idea how?  If I fly into Rhode Island and then fly out in less than 14 days how are they going to know and/or stop me?   

dfwskier
Aviator A

I don't know about Rhode Island, but some states require arriving passengers to fill out a form declaring where they will be staying. Some of those authorities say the will send authorities to the place you said you'd be. If you are not there, they've gotcha.

Does any state other than Hawaii actually check on people? I dunno, but Hawaii does.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@woodbinemom wrote:

Any idea how?  If I fly into Rhode Island and then fly out in less than 14 days how are they going to know and/or stop me?   

I don't know what your plans are while there, but the quarantine period may be allowable to reduce if you leave - it's not Rhode Island's problem if you are on the way back to where you came from. (Or anywhere else.)

So anyway - I don't think they will stop you from leaving but you'll need to verify the terms. They are mainly interested that you aren't out and about at restaurants, bars, or other public places while you visit.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.