Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Question about family boarding

MsG00dwitt
Explorer C

I'm flying solo in a few weeks with my 5 yr old kiddo for spring break, and I'm looking for confirmation that we either are or aren't eligible for family boarding. The policy as written states "two adults", not "up to two adults", so I'm just looking for clarification. Any one have experience since the policy was updated?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Question about family boarding

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@MsG00dwitt wrote:

I'm flying solo in a few weeks with my 5 yr old kiddo for spring break, and I'm looking for confirmation that we either are or aren't eligible for family boarding. The policy as written states "two adults", not "up to two adults", so I'm just looking for clarification. Any one have experience since the policy was updated?

The policy does not REQUIRE two adults to board with the child. You will be fine.

Here's the policy:

"Two adults traveling with a child six years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. If the child and the adult are both holding an “A” boarding pass, they should board in their assigned boarding position."

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

The policy is quite clear. Two adults. You will need to find another adult in line to preboard with you and your kiddo. Look for someone traveling with a C boarding pass. They will be happy to join you.

Just kidding of course. Happy and safe travels.

bec102896
Aviator A

Gosh could only imagine how that would go if you needed 2 adults to do family boarding. Something like this maybe: Excuse me can you be apart of my family for the next 10min you will get the benefit of boarding earlier. 😂

-Blake

MsG00dwitt
Explorer C

Thanks, all! I was hoping I was just taking it too literally... sounds like we'll be fine.