Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Quick 3 day trip to LAX

clt
Explorer C

This is my first time flying to LAX since COVID. I booked a quick 3 day trip from LAS to LAX but I didn't realize that there was a "10 day self quarantine" for Los Angeles county. I was wondering, how is this possible if my trip is only for 3 days? Do I really have to self quarantine? Will I not be allowed back to LAS because I need to be back in 3 days... or else I wouldn't have booked this trip.

I am also fully vaccinated with both doses.

If anyone has an answer on this or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Quick 3 day trip to LAX

gsking
Aviator C
Solution

None of that is enforced.   Frankly,  ignore it... especially if you're already vaccinated. 

I've flown into and out of LA county nearly every weekend this year.   No issues. 

clt
Explorer C

Thank you so much for your input!

dfwskier
Aviator A

In traveling to LA, It does appear that you would have to quarantine for 10 days. I see no exceptions for those who have been vaccinated.

there’s no problem getting back to Arizona.

depending on when you plan to take the trip, you could just wait to see if the rules change

you can always cancel the ticket as long as you do it at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time of boarding.

https://www.southwest.com/coronavirus/california/

gsking
Aviator C
Solution

I have literally flown into all three of those airports in the last month.   Nothing is required.   

I flew LAS-LGB, and the flight was full.   No one made any special accommodations for these restrictions.   No one asked.   Nothing at the airport. 

I also flew LAX-HOU.  Same thing... nothing. 

clt
Explorer C

Thank you so much for your input!! This helps a lot.