Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

REFUND MY MONEY

djcg44
Explorer C

My name is Judith . I just called your customer service number to receive a refund on my reservation that southwest cancelled, not me. I was told that I could not receive a refund because it was booked with travels funds and according to "Chastity -52" she is the final word and her boss doesn't speak on the phone. The reason it was booked with travel funds is because southwest, not me, cancelled my first booking to Nashville that was paid for on my credit card, so I went in and rebooked with the existing funds. Now Southwest has cancelled my flights to Nashville a second time (which is now on travel funds because southwest cancelled my first flights). Please REFUND my money. The original flight that southwest cancelled was paid for by ME!, not travel funds. This is very very poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! behavior from an airline that professes to be all about the customer

2 REPLIES 2

Re: REFUND MY MONEY

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@djcg44 wrote:

My name is Judith . I just called your customer service number to receive a refund on my reservation that southwest cancelled, not me. I was told that I could not receive a refund because it was booked with travels funds and according to "Chastity -52" she is the final word and her boss doesn't speak on the phone. The reason it was booked with travel funds is because southwest, not me, cancelled my first booking to Nashville that was paid for on my credit card, so I went in and rebooked with the existing funds. Now Southwest has cancelled my flights to Nashville a second time (which is now on travel funds because southwest cancelled my first flights). Please REFUND my money. The original flight that southwest cancelled was paid for by ME!, not travel funds. This is very very poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! behavior from an airline that professes to be all about the customer

You should reach out to Customer Relations to see what can be done. FYI: This is mostly a customer-to-customer forum, not a place to get an official reply from Southwest.

Contact Customer Relations 

I'd recommend you contact them via Twitter or Facebook private message. Good luck!

Re: REFUND MY MONEY

bec102896
Aviator A

I understand your frustration here as the same thing happened to several people I know where they rebook with the travel funds from a SW cancelled flight to have the new flight cancelled and not be able to get a refund because the new reservation is a travel fund. 

What I have learned in this new cancellation world that we are in right now is to request the refund for any flight that is cancelled don't rebook using travel funds that way if the new flight is cancelled you could still be eligible for the refund because when you rebook the system sees a travel fund they don't see where that travel fund came from which is why they aren't issuing the refund. As suggested by chgoflyer I would contact customer relations to see if they can help but I'm afraid they might still say no refund because you used travel funds even though they were from a previously cancelled southwest flight. 

-Blake