Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re-Issued Vouchers

rnavarrete67
Explorer C

I recently had 3 travel vouchers extended for 6 months. However, The agent on the line who assisted me said it would take 20 days to re-issue. That sounded odd to me as we would like to use these to make reservations now. Is there any way to get them sooner? Or has anyone else experienced a shorter wait time?   

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Re-Issued Vouchers

bec102896
Aviator A

I think its a case of can take up to 20 days but could take 2-5 days. A normal LUV voucher for say a flight delay is usually emailed in 1-3 days. This extension voucher could take longer. 

Unfortunately you won't be able to use the voucher until the voucher is issued by email since you would need the voucher number and security code. 

-Blake

chgoflyer
Aviator A

On Southwest, "vouchers" are a specific thing, and different from "travel funds." Neither can be extended as the expiration dates cannot be manipulated. In general, vouchers aren't often reissued, but travel funds can be reissued as a voucher, for a fee of $100 per fund/passenger.

Did you as to have vouchers reissued, or expired travel funds reissued as vouchers?

Usually, travel funds reissued as vouchers only take a few days, possibly a week, but in the current environment (many people making the requests, Southwest staff overextended) it may take longer.

Perhaps someone with recent experience will see this and offer their experience?

rnavarrete67
Explorer C

These were Southwest LUV Vouchers that were originally issued because of a cancelled flight. They had expired in November. When I called in November they said the best thing to do was wait until 6 months following the expiration date and THEN get a 6-month extension. So I did exactly as suggested and called 5 days prior to the end of the 6 months. The agent was super nice and re-issued them and didn't indicate that there would be a fee of any kind. Now I just have to wait for them to come via email. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

So, these were vouchers issued as a customer service accommodation for the inconvenience of a cancelled flight, not the travel funds that resulted from the cancelled flight?

Reissuing vouchers is relatively rare, so it may be harder finding someone with experience.

I'd go ahead and assume it will take the time they indicated, but hope they arrived earlier. Good luck.

jubrda37
Explorer C

Contacted customer service to have a LUV Voucher reissued for damaged luggage on 4/24/2021.  Never received an email containing new voucher info.  Contacted customer service today and was told it was sent to me via email on 5/12/21.  Searched in my inbox and spam but no email with new LUV Voucher.  Was told to contact customer service. I thought that was who I was talking to.  Searched SW site to see if I could find any more info and found this board.  Back on hold with customer service to see if someone could provide more info.   

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jubrda37 wrote:

Contacted customer service to have a LUV Voucher reissued for damaged luggage on 4/24/2021.  Never received an email containing new voucher info.  Contacted customer service today and was told it was sent to me via email on 5/12/21.  Searched in my inbox and spam but no email with new LUV Voucher.  Was told to contact customer service. I thought that was who I was talking to.  Searched SW site to see if I could find any more info and found this board.  Back on hold with customer service to see if someone could provide more info.   

Actually you should contact customer RELATIONS. That's a different group. They are open regular business hours Monday thru Friday.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355