Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Receipts for all items in lost luggage?

Talkalotamous
Explorer C

My family traveled 12-24-23 from Denver to Kansas City (direct). We we very delayed but lucky we had a plane and made it home. Unfortunately the entire flight was without luggage which we all discovered upon arrival in KC. We filed a claim in person, immediately before leaving the airport. It has now been 7 days. Online tracking shows “no result” and we received the same “we’re not showing its location at this time” message when chatting via Twitter or phone. We’d like to file a reimbursement claim for our items in the missing luggage but are discouraged that they’re requesting receipts for every item. Socks from a year ago, a dress from 3 years ago, perfume from an overseas trip in the summer, sneakers I received as a gift last year, etc. How are we to fulfill this request within any reasonable amount of time or at all, for that matter? We all had dozens products that acquired over months and years and I’ve no idea how to even begin to dig up most of these receipts. Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Receipts for all items in lost luggage?

Talkalotamous
Explorer C

Excuse the mistype: Dec 24, 2022. We like direct travel but don’t currently possess the power to time travel. 

Re: Receipts for all items in lost luggage?

floridaguy
Aviator C

Did you use the link on the web site to file your claim?  If not, do that and disregard what was done earlier since there was no response.