Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Redeem gift Cards

jamielame74
Explorer C

I can't find on the website where to redeem my gift cards. Can someone help? I feel like it's staring me right in the face but i can't see it.  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Redeem gift Cards

chgoflyer
Aviator A

When booking your flight, the input area for Gift Cards will show up under the Payment section.

Note: Gift cards never expire. But if you use them to buy a ticket, and then need to cancel that ticket, even if it's a fully-refundable one the funds from the card will be converted into ticketless travel funds, locked to the name of the original passenger, and valid for only one year from the original date of purchase.

savitia10
Explorer C

What if there is no option to input a gift card? On the website or the app.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Gift cards can only be redeemed on the website, or by calling, or at a ticket counter location (not the app).

A recent redesign of the website makes the input area hard to find. For some odd reason, Southwest now considers a gift card to be "travel funds."

1.png

In the section shown above, click on "Apply Travel Funds," and it will open this box, where you can input the Gift Card:

2.png

In general, Southwest Gift Cards can be problematic to use, have many limitations, and are non-refundable, so it's best to avoid them if possible.

Here is the very lengthy list of Southwest Gift Card Terms for reference.