Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refund

Tericaw2
Explorer C

I purchased a ticket for June 7 4days from Atlanta to Las Vegas which was $593.I received a call the same day telling me our dates had changed to May so I went in the system and changed it right away.What seen for the prices was 341 and 68 which came up to $419.Southwest is say that the it's a total of 1,012 for the difference and what I purchased I didn't see those prices.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Refund

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't fully understand what you are asking.  Since Southwest changed your flights you can request a full refund back to your credit card.  Then, if the new flights are cheaper you can repurchase the flights you want at the lower price.

--TheMiddleSeat

Tericaw2
Explorer C

I guess the flight was more expensive so the total came up to 1,012 when I booked the new flight.The original price was 593 then I had to change to May and I paid 419 but Southwest said the flight was more 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If Southwest changed your flights you are able to make one change for free.

--TheMiddleSeat

Tericaw2
Explorer C

Southwest did not make the change.I had to change the flight due to my job changing dates but when I book the new dates I assume the prices was more expensive now I'm stuck with a flight that's 1000 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Ok, that makes more sense.  Yes, prices for flights have gone up as demand is surging.  Use the low fare calendar to find dates that may have lower fares.

--TheMiddleSeat