Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refunds and Flexibility

AnnaSF
Explorer C

Southwest has to seriously look at what has just happened and ask themselves if they truly believe that by not refunding money or points to hard working consumers that this is their best option. Nothing is “as was” the policy they are referring to changed drastically when GLOBALLY we are at war with this virus that has taken EVERYONE and Everything off balance! President Trump has vowed to reinstate them financially. Why can’t Southwest do the same for us and reimburse us either by points, or money? Not everyone has a Rapid Reward Card, what about those who bought tickets for the group? They only get reimbursed for ONLY their one ticket. This is definitely immoral and just wrong! Once this pandemic is over, and it will be, Southwest better not think of showing a commercial indicating they have a heart and are transparent and how you can cancel within 10 minutes of fight etc. etc. if they don’t learn to be flexible as the entire world is doing their just going to be another **bleep**ty airline that charges for everything but, people will remember that unlike some of the other airlines that are currently (easing up and being flexible) they literally POCKETED and KEPT our HARD WORKING DOLLARS! I know I will always remember. While I am at it I plan on canceling my Southwest Rapid Rewards VISA card. Who wants to do business with unforeseen, hidden thieves? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Refunds and Flexibility

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Have you tried writing a letter and requesting a refund like others have suggested?

--TheMiddleSeat

callyouout
Explorer B

don't even bother wasting your time writing to those buffoons. They don't know how to use their brain and will give you the same robotic answer. SW airlines has proven them selves to be so unintelligent, classless, and compassionless during this time

SWDigits
Aviator A

I'm cnfused about your mention of points as points bookings should go right back to your Rapid Rewards account.

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWDigits wrote:

I'm cnfused about your mention of points as points bookings should go right back to your Rapid Rewards account.

A rant has no boundaries

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Thank you for sharing your concerns, @AnnaSF. We understand that other air carriers are offering flexibility on their change/cancellation fees. Southwest prides itself on already offering these unique ticketing policies. While we won’t be offering refunds of our nonrefundable fares, we’re happy to ensure each Passenger is maximizing the use of their travel funds. Please click here to see the latest update on travel funds. These are uncertain times for us all, and we hope that you’re able to use your funds for a future flight.

Nicole
Community Manager