Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Requesting information on tag placed on wheelchair at ticket counter check-in

mwatson20
Explorer C

Hello, my son and I are monthly travelers on Southwest Airlines for the last 16 months as he participates in a medical trial out of town.  Recently we had to transition him to a wheelchair due to the medical condition.  Our last two trips on Southwest I've brought our wheelchair and check in at the ticket counter or gate.   I noticed the gate/ticket counter agent will fill out a white card to attach to the the wheelchair (In additional to the normal luggage claim tag).  I don't recall what is exactly on this card but I want to say it has some basic information about the wheelchair.  It typically takes a few minutes to fill out the information.

I was wondering if someone could send me an image of the card that is filled out for the wheelchair or tell me what fields are on the card that typically a ticket/gate agent would fill out.  I would like to write up that information on an index card and on my next trip just hand the card to the agent, that way it helps the person fill out the information and speed up our check in process (just want to make it easier for all).

Thanks.

p.s. We have flown Southwest over 20 times for the last 16 months and nothing but positive experiences.  The planes are clean and comfortable and the staff is nice.  My son and I (as well as the entire family) has not had a negative experience - I want to give kudos to the Southwest Crews at OAK and LAX.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Requesting information on tag placed on wheelchair at ticket counter check-in

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I hope for the best for your son, and I am happy to hear about your positive experiences! This is the SW I know and love!

I can’t provide the info you are asking, but I bet the SW Twitter team could! You can find them at @southwestair. You might also use the Contact Us link on SW’s site. 

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Re: Requesting information on tag placed on wheelchair at ticket counter check-in

mwatson20
Explorer C

Ok thank you.