Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Require masks!

Explorer C

I will NOT fly until everyone has to wear masks. This is just irresponsible. Protect your people and your customers! I have flown over 800 flights over 30 years and this is the first time that I don't see SWA with leading thinking. PLEASE PLEASE I need to get back on the road again.

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Require masks!

bec102896
Aviator A

I would send your suggestion to southwest directly though one of these methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint 

-Blake 

dhughes
Explorer B

With all due respect not everyone can wear a mask. You command as if the aircraft is your private plane. You are not the sole passenger and therefore you have no right to command or demand anything.  It’s not all about you. Surprise.  

kelfuh
Explorer C

If you don't like it, you should stay home in your basement, or just get the vaccine.  Your choice. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I suspect masks will be required at some point. As to why they are not yet, you'd have to direct that question to Southwest. (See the Contact Us info below.)

tenthater
Explorer C

I totally agree.  JetBlue is requiring all passengers to wear face coverings starting next week.  All airlines should do this.  

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Southwest will start requiring customers to use masks on 5/11.  More here: Southwest Promise.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Locklinsbl
Explorer C

On flight now! No mask required! 
passenger said, “no” 

and here she sits coughing. 

DrTapperMargie
Explorer C

I totally agree that both the airline crew and the passengers must wear masks. I've flown only Southwest my entire life and would like to continue doing so but until your airline requires masks be worn by all, I'll have to switch to an airline, such as Jet Blue or the others that have announced the mask requirements.    I am pleased with the efforts you have made with cleaning and boarding but no where have I seen that you are requiring everyone to wear a mask such as we must for grocery stores, outdoor activities.   I strongly encourage Southwest to take the next step in safety.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DrTapperMargie wrote:

Did you bother to read the post immediately above yours in this thread?