Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Issue N-95 Masks, Goggles, and Gloves To All Boarding Passengers

ffflyer

Just another reason not to fly anymore. 

Re: Require masks!

DebbyC55
New Arrival

The last time I checked we still lived in America.... Where hundreds of thousands of soldiers fought for the very freedoms we are losing daily. I cannot wear a mask due to claustrophobia and I would appreciate it if you would not force your unsubstantiated paranoia on me. Don’t fly- stay at home in your safe bubble if that is what freedom means to you.

dfwskier
Top Contributor

If you have a medical need to not wear a mask, you will not need to wear one. It's like preboarding. If you have a need to pre-board, then you do. You do not need to explain your need.

However, some passengers might stare at you.

sycamorepro
New Arrival

I certainly hear your frustration and wonder and how we approach the requirement with someone who has been a victim of abuse in the past and simply cannot wear a mask because of PTSD. Should they not be allowed the same right to choose air travel that others do? I’m not arguing your perspective, just asking from another.

CassioBanquo
New Arrival

I travel just as much as you, and will not travel until your ridiculous emotion over evidence policy is reversed. Shame on SW airlines for forcing people to wear things. What's next?